Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: To BT site staff about utorrent 1.6.1 !

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hmm just saw this on the main page of Revtt .

NEWS FLASH - Over 4,000 Banned in 10 days Beware!!

Due to a remotely exploitable crash bug found in previous versions of µtorrent (including early 1.8 alpha), we're asking all members using this client to update to version 1.7.6.

Get 1.7.6 stable here
    The alpha 1.8 build 7928 can be found here

Previous versions will no longer work with the tracker. This goes into effect immediately.

Thank you for understanding.

:loverevo://Staff

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Peat moss: I love ur siggy :p

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    The best part over 1.6.1 with 1.7.x is the fact you can edit the individual upload and download limits for each torrent with right click, so you can select a whole lot of them and put them to a lower limit when you want a certain torrent to seed heavier.

Someone invite me to fsc please

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Hmm just saw this on the main page of Revtt .

NEWS FLASH - Over 4,000 Banned in 10 days Beware!!

Due to a remotely exploitable crash bug found in previous versions of µtorrent (including early 1.8 alpha), we're asking all members using this client to update to version 1.7.6.

Get 1.7.6 stable here
    The alpha 1.8 build 7928 can be found here

Previous versions will no longer work with the tracker. This goes into effect immediately.

Thank you for understanding.

:loverevo://Staff
    They banned all those people beacause they had open signups a few days ago. Those were dupe or foney accounts. It has nothing to do with these (much talked about) versions of utorrent.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    lol im not happy and i really dont care,but many major sites have banned 161 and that is telling me somthing
    Yep, it proves my favourite one liner, people are stupid.

When you have a large group of people, they cease to function as individuals capable of independant thought. Accepting that 1.6.1 is bad because some other sheeple said so just makes you another sheep.
    All those sites that banned it should put up or stop bleating.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Yoga Novice BT Rep: +2
    1.76 is not as good as the older versions, it takes really long to connect to the peers and it seems that there is a max num of peers you can connect to - that I think is hard coded internally. The options in utorrent dont seems to rectify that

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    I was away for a few days and missed the whole exploit brouhaha...just checked my 1.6.1 and the revtt torrents are seeding fine. Did they unban it or do they still expect users to upgrade?

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    great , now what.cd and waffles.fm has unbanned ut 1.6.1

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    We've seen this before versions get banned and as time goes by staff test them and so on and different versions become allowed again.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    FatBob: you might want to add this to the original post for those sites who wont unban unless uT says it's ok.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic....300606#p300606
    50% of people reading the changelog will be getting a copy of the old one. The new one is there though, and has removed mention of 1.6.x

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast