Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hippopotusmess

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Nah, mate. I work for a living. Ben might remember. JP will absolutely empathise with you.
    Well, telecommuting had its perks, but occasionally working 7 days a week wasn't one of them. Also, I lied when I said it was last Tuesday. It was really the 2nd Thursday of August.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    What, that's a real thing?
    I thought it was you and your phoatieshop shenanigans.
    I dunno know, I'm starting to smell a hoax...

They announced back on october 15th the size of two bars was being reduced, suddenly these pictures appear? seems a bit odd...
    Seems real. --> http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/sh...bitter-n679526

Unless you're telling me that you just can't rely on the fact-checking of the American mainstream media anymore...

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Alright, Les. How goes it?

I'm not even sure Obama did anything good apart from the witty soundbites and cool pics with famous types like McKayla Maroney.
    His intentions were decent (guns), he seemed like a sound bloke (healthcare), but to be blocked at each turn by the republican held congress kind of nullified all of that.
    Ben's bang on imo.

That said, it's obviously preferable to have a decent chap capable of shrugging off 'insults' like the Chinese not giving him the right colour carpet off his aeroplane the other month.
    I'm not so sure a guy like Trump has the dignity in him to rise above that kind of pettyness. A career politician like Hilary would, that's mainly why I'm hoping she wins.

Hey Manker

I am mostly well. Working too hard though. We had a recruitment ban and people kept leaving and I kept getting their work to do. Currently covering three jobs and had no leave this year. Good for my pension though as one of the jobs was my boss's. I have managed to spoof the last couple of years quite well and by the power of Google l can compare SSAPS with these newfangled IAS things and produce vaguely modern accounts.

I would like to retire but SGG is still a student. She is supposed to finish her postgraduate degree in June so there is a potential train in the tunnel.

How goes it with you? I am sure I was told you were lion taming in Peru or something.

Agree on Obama. There is a lot to be said for a politician that is decent and quiet and doesn't have mad ideas.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I did do a phoatieshawp though...

Attachment 172763
    It's quality work like that that makes you think your garden is a fake and that you actually have a yard, as I believe the merkins call some slabs with weeds twixt them.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    The 7 day week is an artificial construct and I will have no truck with it.

Years, no problem. Months, yup that's a thing. Days, absolutely, one of my favourite periods of time. Weeks, pish, just made up.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Alright, Les. How goes it?

I'm not even sure Obama did anything good apart from the witty soundbites and cool pics with famous types like McKayla Maroney.
    His intentions were decent (guns), he seemed like a sound bloke (healthcare), but to be blocked at each turn by the republican held congress kind of nullified all of that.
    Ben's bang on imo.

That said, it's obviously preferable to have a decent chap capable of shrugging off 'insults' like the Chinese not giving him the right colour carpet off his aeroplane the other month.
    I'm not so sure a guy like Trump has the dignity in him to rise above that kind of pettyness. A career politician like Hilary would, that's mainly why I'm hoping she wins.

Hey Manker

I am mostly well. Working too hard though. We had a recruitment ban and people kept leaving and I kept getting their work to do. Currently covering three jobs and had no leave this year. Good for my pension though as one of the jobs was my boss's. I have managed to spoof the last couple of years quite well and by the power of Google l can compare SSAPS with these newfangled IAS things and produce vaguely modern accounts.

I would like to retire but SGG is still a student. She is supposed to finish her postgraduate degree in June so there is a potential train in the tunnel.

How goes it with you? I am sure I was told you were lion taming in Peru or something.

Agree on Obama. There is a lot to be said for a politician that is decent and quiet and doesn't have mad ideas.
    Are you doing the whole work to 65 thing.

I had thought that beneath you. However if it's for the wean then that makes sence.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    have mad ideas.

Are you doing the whole work to 65 thing.

I had thought that beneath you. However if it's for the wean then that makes sence.
    I had considered before 60 but the postgraduate thing in Lahndan suggested otherwise. I am thinking next summer. The Chief Exec suggested I stay on until then...since discovered that she is thinking of going then....she didn't get where she is today.....

CJ-Reggie-Perrin.jpg

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Good grief man, if you are paying for her to live in London and some sort of stipend that must be the thick end of 20 guineas a month.

Do the Scottish Government make some sort of payment for advanced degrees or just the first one.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Good grief man, if you are paying for her to live in London and some sort of stipend that must be the thick end of 20 guineas a month.

Do the Scottish Government make some sort of payment for advanced degrees or just the first one.
    Sadly just the first one and you are behind the times...it is 21 guineas a month these days. I look forward to her graduation in so many ways

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Sadly just the first one and you are behind the times...it is 21 guineas a month these days. I look forward to her graduation in so many ways
    Red meat, a fine wine and a decent cigar I'll be bound. Or a chicken tikka masala and a can of diet irn bru.

What is it the young 'un is being advanced about.

I'm guessing something philosophical or food related.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast