Page 462 of 469 FirstFirst ... 362412452459460461462463464465 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 4690

Thread: BitTorrent Trackers DOWN or BACK UP

Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Does anyone know what happened to iTS? I just heard now about TTi, so sad (no time for torrenting in theses days)!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #4612
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    tvtorrentz org gone for good it seems.
    LSS #1

3. BitTorrent   -   #4613
    TvTz is moving on ...First, let's get some rumors out of the way. No, we weren't hacked or taken down.

Running a site like TvTz is a constant cat and mouse game. You have to use lots of security layers in between you and the site. It takes its toll let me tell you that. You plant disinformation and lies all over the place to avoid being pinned down by profilers. People are constantly trying to figure out who you really are, by adding together your answers to seemingly small and unrelated questions. They remember what you answer, so you better have prepared your lies in advance and memorized them. For most this is not that big of a deal, some don't even try to hide at all. In my case I have loved ones that would suffer a lot if this was ever pinned on me, so I lied my ass off. My deepest apologies for that!

So what happened then? Well, there was an incident at the front-end of our setup, and normally it would have just been replaced within a day or so, but this time it felt different. I realized I was tired of hiding and lying. It was time for a change. Unfortunately this all took place while I had a personal incident in the family, which delayed this message. I apologize for that as well!

TvTz is a fantastic community and now is the time for us to move on to a new technology. Something that uses a decentralized setup (meaning no central server). There are plenty of systems to choose from, and after doing some heavy investigating for a while we've picked RetroShare as our new platform. It's far from finished but it has come a long way already, and we expect it to continue to grow in the future. It's a F2F system (friend-to-friend) and you can read more about it here.

We really hope to see as many of you as possible on our new path towards our original goal. It will be a fun journey!

Whatever you decide, I want to thank you all for your dedication! And staff, this could absolutely not have been done without you! You are simply fantastic! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I want to end this final statement with a special quote from our founder PurpleHaze, whose legacy this whole community was really built around:

Be nice! It's so much more fun that way! :-)

It was never possible to donate to TvTz. Instead we were encouraged to donate to our favorite charity instead. Feel free to continue to do so!

Want to talk or get some help with the new platform? Come visit us on IRC,
    server: irc.eu.freequest.net, channel: #tvtorrentz (Webchat IRC)

Thank you all for everything! Take care and see you all out there!

Sincerely yours,

zebulon

(This page will only be available for a few days. Please help spread the word!)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4614
    FSC is up.

5. BitTorrent   -   #4615
    is pedros down? their url has not been working for me for a while

6. BitTorrent   -   #4616
    Does anyone know if Torrentseed is up again with a new site?

7. BitTorrent   -   #4617
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by da m4n View Post
    is pedros down? their url has not been working for me for a while
    Try this URL, https://xbtmusic.org/
    Just use your usual Pedro's login details.
    Same thing happened to me, I thought the sit was down for ages.
    Last edited by LubTheStaringCat; 01-13-2012 at 08:28 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #4618
    yeah I have been using that url but the webpage just never loads although I do see the icon, it has worked before but the past couple of weeks when I came back home from abroad it seems like it has stopped working for me. I have cleared cookies etc too, it's quite odd

9. BitTorrent   -   #4619
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    tvtorrentz org gone for good it seems.
    Alright, just killed them in the WTO.

Quote Originally Posted by da m4n View Post
    yeah I have been using that url but the webpage just never loads although I do see the icon, it has worked before but the past couple of weeks when I came back home from abroad it seems like it has stopped working for me. I have cleared cookies etc too, it's quite odd
    IP ban maybe? If you've accessed the site before, the favicon may be cached.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #4620
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    for me, when Pedro's wasn't working It was the opera browser that was the problem.
    It was something I had selected, the site sometimes timed out or the captcha just wouldn't come up.
    you should check your browser settings, what ever browser you use, It could be a simple as that.