Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which rules in your tracker do you like/hate most ?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i like all the rules in "my" tracker, because well, i had a hand in making them lol

what i hate in general is

Freeleech
    2* Upload

if you download it, seed the fucking thing back, its not hard.

what if the uploader just seeded 1/2 the torrent then pissed off.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i like all the rules in "my" tracker, because well, i had a hand in making them lol

what i hate in general is

Freeleech
    2* Upload

if you download it, seed the fucking thing back, its not hard.

what if the uploader just seeded 1/2 the torrent then pissed off.
    site owners named stoi who pay no attention to slutty pm's on fst

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    guitarhero's Avatar #Artist BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    For sure i hate IP address restriction.. and i mostly like.. hmm ... competitions !

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The most I like. No Hit n Runs with SP. Ull guess which tracker has it

The Chase is Better than the Catch

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    likes -

- chatty irc
    - active forum
    - goodie members
    - sexay staffers
    - request / offer section
    - requests filled pretty quick
    - competitions
    - a way to help low connection users - be that by no ratio or by SI system. I personally am not a fan of freeleech.
    - no minimum seeding requirement wh00t.
    - home rippers and releasers. I like how the owner of XWT ripps weekly wrestling shows and uploads it asps.
    - all content i ever wanted =]

dislikes-

- the status bar. I dislike the bar that shows my upload & my download (i don't mind # of torrent up or down though). Can't those infos be limited to user profile, imo it would look better.
    - showing "average connection time" in status bar. It's a torture, for me at least :-\
    - P2L. One of the site i am member of has it.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

I got a 1 week warning from 1 UK site for PMing someone an offer of an invite to another tracker, so go figure how they knew what was in my PM??

So add that to the list, reading my fukkin PMs!! (Private Messages, they are private for a reason!)
    maybe the user whom u pm'ed reported u
    Last edited by squirr3l; 08-12-2008 at 12:13 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5

I got a 1 week warning from 1 UK site for PMing someone an offer of an invite to another tracker, so go figure how they knew what was in my PM??

So add that to the list, reading my fukkin PMs!! (Private Messages, they are private for a reason!)
    waaa..i think this is the worst. How the hell is it called PM when it can be read by others? I thought PM stands for Private Message, not Public Message...

btw, what I hate are the same as squirr3l
    Last edited by PlayeR; 08-12-2008 at 02:00 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayeR View Post

waaa..i think this is the worst. How the hell is it called PM when it can be read by others? I thought PM stands for Private Message, not Public Message...

btw, what I hate are the same as squirr3l
    This isn't Soviet Russia; you're entitled to your opinion too. You should have just quoted them both and not typed anything, since that's what you basically did anyway.

they didn't built Rome in one day

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i will say this, I have read 3 members PMs in 5 years of running a tracker.

1: A french member was getting death threats on our tracker from his sisters boyfriend, through PMs.

2: Another tracker was spamming BCG saying bad crap about me which was not true (this was when i first started out).

3: When the staff split last year, a member from over there was pming my members saying that their new tracker was going to be better than BCG ever could be, and getting members to sign up. so i checked and banned him, even though hes back now, btw he was not staff of BCG when the spplit happen, he just went with the flow.

That is the only times i have ever looked at anyones PMs, but i must admit it is very easy to do so. just go to the db and query a word in the PM field (like another trackers URL for example, and bingo, you can get everyone thats ever talked about that tracker.)

you could even make a mod that if certain words are PMed, then you get a PM with all the PMs that have that word when they happen.

But yes i do think PMs are private, so i only do it as a very very last resort, and even when i do it, i feel guilty as hell for doing it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I 8:
    - locked topics
    - ratios (got slow upl speeds)
    - "smart" people on forums who give shitty answers to others who request help
    - when yre favorite tracker is down for a few days...
    - publicity banners
    - PM requesting donations
    - seedboxes, I seed for years and never get a 1:1 ratio

Well these are not rules, more like facts

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Not mentioning other trackers in IRC/forum, especially TL.

TL's irc rules suck, they make you feel like you're a little kid in school again. I mean, I realize they want to hide the existence of (better) trackers from their users, so they don't lose customers, but censorship always sucks.

Indeed, Private means that exactly.

Itīs about ethics, staff ethics.
    At least they should warn users about the possibility that their PM could be read by staff, and used against them. If not itīs unethical.

About the topic, the thing I dislike the most is that script that disables users due to inactivity. There are situations that prevent users to login for certain period of time, many sites understand that and if the user contacts staff then your account is respected, but others donīt. And not always you know if you have to be out due to major causes.
    I had an accident few months ago, itīs really really humiliating that being in a hospital bed or at home, like a mummy... full of bandages... all broken, and oneself has to be worried about a damn tracker, ask somebody to login for you, etc.
    Last edited by Nemrod; 08-12-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast