Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: why not switch to usenet?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeHD View Post
    I don't know why I came here to convert you folks. Ignorance seeps through the threads in this subsection of the forum and I'm done trying to deal with it.

I hope that a handful of you make the switch to Usenet after reading this, or at least give it a fair shot.

Good luck, bittorrent community.
    Good luck, usenet community

(lol, 'convert' )

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
    MikeHD is a troll... nuff said.

In all areas I'm concerned about... torrents are 100% better.
    HD: The best encodes are from HDBits. (Plus most uploaders get their shit from there)
    Games: BCG is light years ahead of what the usenet community can offer in terms of older (ps2 / DC etc) games and help.

MikeHD go back to your soulless usenet and burn another $15 for this months service. Bye.
    Thats not really a fair statement. Most HD encodes found on HDBits are on usenet. As far as games, I dont know much, but a quick usenet browse in the xbox360 groups, I see assloads (yes, a technical term) of games.

Im not saying one is better than the other, but I am also saying that NOTHING is 100% better than anything else.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Normally I check torrents first then if the torrent is in bad shape or such I'll check newsgroups.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I don't know why I came here to convert you folks. Ignorance seeps through the threads in this subsection of the forum and I'm done trying to deal with it.

I hope that a handful of you make the switch to Usenet after reading this, or at least give it a fair shot.

your posts are quite interesting comparing the crap we can see everyday in this section.
    unfortunately, you came here in order to convince people instead of simply discussing with them.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post

your posts are quite interesting comparing the crap we can see everyday in this section.
    unfortunately, you came here in order to convince people instead of simply discussing with them.
    And that is precisely why he failed.

I have to say MikeHD, that from reading your posts, you are not 'In The Scene' nor have access to the true beauty of what is 'Bittorrent'. Yes, I am an elite Usenet user and the only advantage Usenet has over P2P, is the blazing fast speeds and retention of files...but it lacks on content where DEDICATED PEOPLE OF THE BITTORRENT COMMUNITY contribute.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
    MikeHD is a troll... nuff said.

In all areas I'm concerned about... torrents are 100% better.
    HD: The best encodes are from HDBits. (Plus most uploaders get their shit from there)
    Games: BCG is light years ahead of what the usenet community can offer in terms of older (ps2 / DC etc) games and help.

MikeHD go back to your soulless usenet and burn another $15 for this months service. Bye.
    I felt like I was being bukkaked with stupid while reading that. Are you serious?

It's posts like yours that keep users thoroughly confused and completely misinformed. You're talking right from your arse with that post.

Most uploaders do not get their content from HDBits. FFS, what are you on?

Torrents are "100% better"? Get real. Better at what exactly?

"BCG is light years ahead"? I've only one thing to say to that: Post #39

Sheesh, get a clue bro.

EDIT: OK, just out of curiosity I went and looked at the amount of files posted in a couple of popular groups. I found that in just a.b.warez and a.b.cd.images.games there have been 9,347 postings just since April 1st, 2009 (23 days). Now consider that maybe 40% of those are par files and you're left with approximately 3,740 unique games posted in just 23 days. Going even further, consider that this was only 2 groups of the (at least) 30 groups dedicated to nothing but games and that Giganews offers 365+ days of retention. You still think that a single tracker can come anywhere even remotely close to that?

Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    And that is precisely why he failed.

I have to say MikeHD, that from reading your posts, you are not 'In The Scene' nor have access to the true beauty of what is 'Bittorrent'. Yes, I am an elite Usenet user and the only advantage Usenet has over P2P, is the blazing fast speeds and retention of files...but it lacks on content where DEDICATED PEOPLE OF THE BITTORRENT COMMUNITY contribute.
    That made me

You people are just too much...

OP is probably right but i doubt usenet could replace a tracker like Karagarga.
    ok, i know usenet is full of classics and 'old films' but i don't think you can find as much rarities (experimental, independant productions, rare vhsrips) as on KG.

anyway, it's certainly the best alternative.
    I just found this. Never even knew it existed before.

1984 postings.
    Last edited by Skizo; 04-24-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Amazing find, Skizo. I didn't know about that group, either. My harddrive will be completely full by noon!

Usenetownage

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    ...but it lacks on content where DEDICATED PEOPLE OF THE BITTORRENT COMMUNITY contribute.
    lacks of content? 5-6TB/day is lack of content?5.5TB X 365 days=2007.5TB
    all 0-day trackers are a joke compared to this

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I probably should not say this as i am a tracker owner lol

but i have been using usenet for the best part of 5 years, the only tracker i am actually on is mine, and if i had found usenet 6 months sooner, i would not have even started BCG.

so i think that says it all, from my POV.
    Stoi It's funny you say that cuz BCG is one of a few sites that actually do have alot of content not found on newsgroups.
    I use both but I prefer BT. Whatcd Ptp and BCG are examples of bt sites I have to go to, to find files for newsgroup friends.

Another thing is when I am browsing a tracker I often end up finding other stuff I didn't even think of until I saw it.

With SCC Speeds are as fast as Newsgroups for newer stuff so I tend to use it a lot.

If you want to get free usenet you can alway get yourself a prepaid visa and sign up for a trial account. After the free trial is used up cancel and grab another trial from a diff provider, repeat that till you run out of good services to try.
    After that grab another visa and start again.

Works for me and I have been using my current prepaid for 3 months without having to actually spend a dime.

The cards to use are the un-reloadable green dot. They allow you to register them to any address without having to provide real info about yourself.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    I feel cool having all of these hard to get trackers. If I used usenet, I wouldn't feel cool no more.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast