Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City of New York; FDNY release oral histories re:911...

Poster
    I agree, Busyman, that no government should be 'followed blindly.' By the same token, nor should they be accused or attacked blindly.

Guess I haven't really seen anyone follow a government blindly on this board.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    j2 has questioned liberal actions almost exclusively.

This owing to the facts we are almost bereft of Communists and also that I prefer the Conservative ideal to the Liberal one?

For one who purports to avoid hewing to any ideal, you spend precious little time defending anything Conservative, B., and frankly I can't think of any instance of your having done so.

It's also natural to defend your party's actions. j2 may question his own party but it is in private so all people have to go on is what's on the forum.

Yes, all one has to do to witness my shredding of Republicans is observe my rhetoric while I'm occupying the private area(s) of the board; it's mostly what I have been doing of late...

I'm not jabbing at j2 but I think people should question more without bullshit allegiance.
    Not jabbing??

Boy. I'll say...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    j2 has questioned liberal actions almost exclusively.

This owing to the facts we are almost bereft of Communists and also that I prefer the Conservative ideal to the Liberal one?

Mmk. Sooo?

For one who purports to avoid hewing to any ideal, you spend precious little time defending anything Conservative, B., and frankly I can't think of any instance of your having done so.

I'm against gay marriage, some forms of affirmative action (and I'm black), and many forms of welfare. I also support a strong military and smaller government (Bush doesn't even support small government). You've got to do better than that j2. All of this can be turned up on a search. So you were saying?

It's also natural to defend your party's actions. j2 may question his own party but it is in private so all people have to go on is what's on the forum.

Yes, all one has to do to witness my shredding of Republicans is observe my rhetoric while I'm occupying the private area(s) of the board; it's mostly what I have been doing of late...

I do recall once you saying Bush is fucking up but you still support him and a copy/paste doohicky where there some Republicans and Democrat pushing for something that you, along with the majority of Republicans, were against it. So since you were against some outcast Republicans that time, you get 1/2 a point.

I'm not jabbing at j2 but I think people should question more without bullshit allegiance.
    Not jabbing??

Boy. I'll say...
    I wasn't really.
    ----

Now I, on the other hand, am on record as not following one mainstream ideal.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    I agree that it is important not to 'blindly follow' any government, Busy. O the other hand, I also do not think one should 'blindly attack or trash' it either.

I don't think I could accuse anyone on this board of blindly following any government.

(Weird. I posted this last night, saw it post, but then woke up this morning and it was gone. ????)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I agree that it is important not to 'blindly follow' any government, Busy. O the other hand, I also do not think one should 'blindly attack or trash' it either.

I don't think I could accuse anyone on this board of blindly following any government.

(Weird. I posted this last night, saw it post, but then woke up this morning and it was gone. ????)

I see it. It's post 11.

Stop double posting Evey. Spamming bastard.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    Busy, after reading the above article, and the resulting discussion, I have to agree with you.

No one should 'blindly believe' what any government tells them. On the other hand, no one should 'blindly not believe' what any government tells them.

I have never seen anyone on this board 'blindly believe' what a government tells them. ;-)

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    If merely saying it makes it so, then...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    No. Unlike yourself, I've had verbal sparring to that effect. I can't be considered liberal nor conservative. Hell I'm against gay marriage but am pro-choice ffs.....

...so yes it is so.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19

No. Unlike yourself, I've had verbal sparring to that effect. I can't be considered liberal nor conservative. Hell I'm against gay marriage but am pro-choice ffs.....

...so yes it is so.
    Your are not liberal, and you are not conservative.

You are ideologically bifurcated.

The disconnects and gappage would drive me nuts, which means you must already be that way.

I'm more of a mortise-and-tenon, dove-tail, hand-in-glove kind-of-guy.

It's just more sensible.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

...so yes it is so.
    Your are not liberal, and you are not conservative.

You are ideologically bifurcated.

The disconnects and gappage would drive me nuts, which means you must already be that way.
    No it's just my ideology is my own and not pigeon-holed. I've never seen the word bifurcated before. I'm assuming it means going in 2 directions.
    edit: Wtf is up with me tonight...I've used furcate before . Damn I must be tired.

If that's the case then you don't get it (and I hope that this is your natural vocab and that you don't have a thesaurus next to your computer...who knows )

Your way of thinking of American politics is one of two ways (and is typical of politics in America). Mine is not.

Either something is sensible to me or it isn't and I see CaptainObvious nonsense in many parties (yes the Green Party too).

I, unlike JP for instance, do not believe in a welfare state for it fucks the whole system (and it does today). If you are able, you fucking work. However........if you are working you should have access to medical care. The money is there. DC can all of a sudden find the money for a baseball stadium but can't fund education better.
    ....but if you want to live on the street and be a bum...fuck off and rot. You are not even trying to help yourself so why should government?

I dislike abortion. However I'm Pro-Choice. A fetus is part of a pregnant woman's body. Who is government to regulate her body? If she chooses to destroy the unborn then that's between herself, her doctor and GOD.
    Also many conservatives need to cut the shit by going biblical regarding abortion. If that's the case the......
    No abortions should be legal under any circumstances. If the baby will come out deformed, so be it. It results from rape, so be it. It results from incest, so be it. Save the life of the mother, SO BE IT. Would you save your child or would you save your wife, from a burning building?

If Conservatives are Pro-Life why does it apply to babies only? What about the death-row inmates? Sounds like Pro-Death to me.

I'm also for small government, and as a correlation, lower taxes. However Bush, for example, is big government (I know it's post-9/11) and lower taxes. Ass-backwards.

Why isn't welfare, as it stands, tightened. Why are mothers allowed to have more children while on welfare. If the government is giving away money, there ought to be tighter stipulations.

How the fuck can my right to bear arms be considered almost Holy by the NRA? Wtf can they have against tighter gun control? The purpose of our right was not fucking entertainment.

I'm for a strong military for without it, that "other" dictatorship could roll right over you. With a strong military also comes....the need to....NOT USE IT ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

End of rant-------

Well not quite...
    Someone please tell me this...

Why are there separate bathrooms for men and women?
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-25-2005 at 02:38 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast