Thread: Building your own projection tv

Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicker
    i got a couple of guides off Emule....

lmk if u want them

ill take em

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicker
    i was doing some research and found out that if u make a projector using OHP (over head projector) the life of the bulb is only 50-100hrs and if u make one using the guide at lumenlabs its 10 000hrs....

the bulb for OHP=$10
    bulb for lumenlab thingy=$40-50
    sounds like bullshit to me. i'd bet anything that they're the same bulb.

lumen labs forum is a scam, these ideas should be free. they get paying members to help paying member while the admin make profit from doing nothing. i reckon they're just money grabbing bastards, don't believe any of their shit.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    GepperRankins

Maybe you should actualy do a little research on this one. If you did, you would know that what you just said is nonsense.

Hell, just look up the bulb info in their store and compare it to bulbs found in the OHP's and retail projectors yourself. You would then know that what was said about the lights is true.

I was just as suprised about the differences in bulbs (and their prices) myself, good thing I have read around a bit

It is worth the $20.00 just for the information and experience found in the forums from many people who are building or have built these things themselves imo.

The guide is just basic info, the forum is much more.

Good luck on your project
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    you've made one?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Not yet... But I do not need to make one to find out that
    i'd bet anything that they're the same bulb.
    Is nonsense. Just need to look up the information and see specs on the bulbs etc.

I am not saying you should join their forum, but to call them a scam site because they charge you to get into the main forum is silly too.

It is a 1 time fee and the help/research is ongoing.

Great info in my opinion but to each their own
    Peace of mind Findnot

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    well i have made up my mind and i am not going to spend $ 200 on some cheap psone screen one....im going to make a nice custom built 15" LCD one....i want good results...

sure it'll cost about $500CDN but knowing that u built it urself....priceless

uhh guyer...ill pm u the guide which im using..
    Last edited by Spicker; 08-25-2005 at 02:24 PM.

My Blog
    I'm still here.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by tracydani
    i'd bet anything that they're the same bulb.
    Is nonsense. Just need to look up the information and see specs on the bulbs etc.

I am not saying you should join their forum, but to call them a scam site because they charge you to get into the main forum is silly too.

it should be free. i bet if we bitched hard enough we could get a "home-made projectors" subforum in here to paste all our discoveries and so on, we might even get more members join the forum just for it and could use other peoples free sites for extra info, we wouldn't have to pay for that.

the way i see it, all it's down to is getting a really bright light and shining it on a screen then directing as much of that light as you can at the lense, then point it at a wall. obviously you need the right set of lenses, but OHP ones are designed for just the job.

P.S i wouldn't try with an expensive screen straight away, i hear they're fragile

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Quote Originally Posted by tracydani

it should be free. i bet if we bitched hard enough we could get a "home-made projectors" subforum in here to paste all our discoveries and so on, we might even get more members join the forum just for it and could use other peoples free sites for extra info, we wouldn't have to pay for that.

the way i see it, all it's down to is getting a really bright light and shining it on a screen then directing as much of that light as you can at the lense, then point it at a wall. obviously you need the right set of lenses, but OHP ones are designed for just the job.

P.S i wouldn't try with an expensive screen straight away, i hear they're fragile
    Do u know any good forums?
    but i dont want to waste $200-300CDN on a cheap projector then dish out another 500CDN on the final one.... thats $700! and u can get a decent used projector for $800ish

My Blog
    I'm still here.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/HP-L1530-DVI-15-L...QQcmdZViewItem

15" 1024x768

15 minutes left and it's only $113
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 08-25-2005 at 03:02 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    In the free forums you get a basic idea. But I see no problem with them charging to get into the main forum. It pays the bills.

I think the average price people are paying for screens is abou $150.00 to $200.00 so you do not need to go too expensive. You can even rip out something you have laying around. I am thinking about asking my wifes boss for his old monitors.

It would be cool if enough people here were interested enough to get a sub forum. I wouldn't post their guides though, I believe they copyrighted them
    Peace of mind Findnot

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast