Thread: Working On A New Drug....kinda

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by clocker@13 April 2003 - 04:45

I LOVE this woman!
    xxxxx

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skillian@12 April 2003 - 21:38
    Have you guys never eaten hash (solids), or put it in a cup of tea? It takes much longer to kick in but really hits you when it does. Surely this does the same thing, only without the need for science and the need to feel like you are taking chemicals with a pill?
    the reason it takes so long to kick in is that thc is hard to digest, thus we include a "digestive enzyme"
    usually the simplest answer is lecithin granules, they're pretty nasty to the taste but are very effective in speeding up the process.
    also, Erowid is one of the bset sites out there for reference and education.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    I was going to stay ontopic, then I saw: The "pot supports terror" bull.
    How can anyone believe that?
    Terror is supported by: ME, every single time I drive my gas guzzling piece of sheit boat down to the store to get me beer, I'm helping add to the problem, and you know what? I don't care!!!!!!!!
    Because I don't control foreign policy B)
    As to the "pot pill thing" It sounds like it may be a little more trouble than its worth, but hey, if it gives you something to do?
    (By the way there's Lots of oil in alaska, if no one knew that. but I guess some "green" party people didn't like the idea.................................. oh yah this topic was about weed................................................

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Seems like alot of trouble to try and make a weed pill and whats the point??

You can make hash cakes or even better skunk cakes and munch them when you feel the need,your parents never need know.

In the UK from time to time i have come accross cannabis oil,now that is mad shit...making pills with that would be ideal :'(

5. Lounge   -   #25
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I thought this post was deleted. I came back last night and I couldn't find it, what a surprise to have 2 pages by this morning.

Thanks for all the replays that were on topic.

When you extract, you want to target molecule(THC) to dissolve into the solvent (the water). All you are doing is boiling, then drying the leaf. So at best you are denaturing the active molecule with the heat and then dehydrating(removing water) the leaf. So you have accomplished nothing.
    The idea was that the thc comes out in oil form, therefor doesn't mix with the water...like you said. Then when you dehyderate you basically have resin on the bottom of the pan. It would work much like Banaba peels. (except banana peels don't do shit..........)

One may extract the active ingredients from marijuana using alcohol and then use this tincture to make a potent drink. The highest proof alcohol available should be used, preferably 190 proof grain alcohol, since the water in the alcohol will dissolve other chemicals in the marijuana that one wishes to avoid. Some suggest soaking the grass in warm water for a period to remove those chemicals but that presents a whole host of other and is not really recommended. One may simply place the marijuana into a bottle of grain alcohol and let the canabanoids leach out, but this takes 2-3 weeks of time. A faster method is to heat the alcohol to sub-boiling and stir in the marijuana. Great deal of care should be taken if this method is chosen as the alcohol is highly flammable. The resulting tincture, often called "Green Dragon", is a light to emerald green liquid, which can be drunk straight, but this is not recommended. Highly lauded is a drink of 3 parts lemon lime soda, 1 part green dragon and a dollop of honey served over ice.
    If I were to use this alcohol method, then cooked the alcohol so it wasn't alcoholic anymore, and then dehyderated it....would that work?

the reason it takes so long to kick in is that thc is hard to digest, thus we include a "digestive enzyme"
    usually the simplest answer is lecithin granules, they're pretty nasty to the taste but are very effective in speeding up the process.
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. Hand out one pill of green, and another pill of a digestive enzyme of some sort.

Seems like alot of trouble to try and make a weed pill and whats the point??

You can make hash cakes or even better skunk cakes and munch them when you feel the need,your parents never need know.

In the UK from time to time i have come accross cannabis oil,now that is mad shit...making pills with that would be ideal
    It will be a lot of work, but in the end I think it is still worth it...we'll see. I'm not making them for myself, I'm making them for my friends, and I doubt they would ever get the energy to cook.

oo oo. i got an idea! stop supporting terrorism
    And now for the off topic post. Lets say that all the weed in america was grown by terrorists. Even so, somebody bought a $1000 of weed from them, and using that, grew more, that got spread and more people bought it, and more people grew it until it was being grown all across america. Within a year people spend over $100,000,000 on that pot. SO WHAT, out of that $1,000,000,000 the terrorists get a measly $1000. The damage has already been done. That's not to mention, that most of america's pot comes from mexico, and other southern countries.

If you are going to believe this 'pot funds terrorism' campaign, then you have to believe that oil funds it. If we buy pot from terrorists, some of that will be reproduced and spread over until we have no use in buying more, where we can only use oil once. And look at where we buy it from, the middle east, where do the terrorists live, the middle east. What goverments fund the terrorist, the middle eastern governments, where do the middle eastern goverments get there money, OIL. What gets more money spent on it in any given year, pot or oil, OIL. If you are going to believe the pot campaign, how can you not believe the oil campagn.

NO MORE OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY POST, I GET THE FINAL WORD!!!!!!!!!! START A NEW POST IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE THIS...please

and back on the topic, one final question. Why can't you just swallow bud and get high off of it? If you digest everything, you are still digesting the THC.

EDIT: I just went tho the Erowid site, and they said that it was a myth that you must heat bud before consuming it. That it isn't true. Yesterday, I swallowed a 1-ies worth of pot and I felt like how I feel a couple hours after getting high. Then later, I swallowed 3 times as much, I felt the same thing faster, and much, much longer. So, if I just gave people an digestive enzyme, and a capsule of regular pot, would that work to some extent?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. Lounge   -   #26
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+13 April 2003 - 03:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 13 April 2003 - 03:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kAb@13 April 2003 - 04:04

it all goes back to terror organizations eventually.
    I suppose you buy into the " Drive a SUV, Support the terrorists" theory also, then?

I like Scotch, too.
    So to all you Scottish terrorists- "You&#39;re welcome". [/b][/quote]
    does this mean if I drink Guiness I&#39;m supporting th IRA?&#33;?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by hobbes@13 April 2003 - 05:21
    Hobbes has no problem with homegrown.

Why thank you, Hobbes.

Clocker has no problem with pinkeyes.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Lounge   -   #28
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Back to the topic please.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 03:18
    oo oo. i got an idea&#33; stop supporting terrorism.
    YEAH FOOL

grow your own

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 13:55
    Back to the topic please.
    NO
    not until you stop supporting terrorism and grow your own

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast