Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you

the island is not that big i have a photo if i can post it on here, however the island is desserted and not much people visit it but can be visited by boat during the day, it has no accomodation but thinking of building something on it like a bed and breakfast or small lodgings hotel or a villa so people can stay i hope this helps.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Dont think so..

Found this one that may be more up ians street for about £1,000,000...

850m2 with 3512m2 of land, on the beach...

5 Beds, 7 Bathrooms..

This incredible luxury villa stands in lush gardens on the beach 40 kms south of Hua Hin, with priceless sea views over a charming bay dotted with islands, at the foot of a spectacular mountain on the edge of Khao Sam Roi Yot national park. Built by one of Hua Hin's best and most trusted builders, the superstructure of this house is of the highest quality. Only the best teak and hardwoods, and South African and Vietnamese granites have been used in the truly fabulous interior.

In front of the house are two swimming pools. The first - the children's pool, is long and narrow, only 50 cms deep, and the water falls out of the end into the main pool with is 7 meters wide and 25 meters long. The long, beach side of this pool features the "infinity" edge such that the water seems to tumble out into the sea. On top of the house, the penthouse suite features a heated spa, also with infinity edge, and the view over the bay is simply stunning. Behind the main house is a second house for guests with a 2-bedroomed apartment, triple garage with electric doors, a maid's room, utility room and storeroom. The main house also has a maid's apartment. Offers over 75 million baht only please, and viewing by appointment only.
    Nice... wish i had JP or mankers money now

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Lounge   -   #13
    missie's Avatar yeeehaw
    My family owned an island in Norway.
    It only had gooseberries on it, but it was pretty cool.

I used to be a flier, now I ramble.
    Hey you kids, never suck all the juice out of a tractor.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    @100%

Thai property law

Option # 2 - Limited Company - recommended.
    Foreigners, aliens, or farangs, can form a Limited Company and register the land as owned by the company. The foreigner can personally own maximum 49% of the company shares, and the remaining 51% must be in the names of Thai nationals (39% - 61% at the time of registration of the property; can be changed after). The foreigner is named sole executive director in the company's Articles of Association, and the Thai shareholder nominees all sign undated Share Transfer Contracts at the time the company is being registered. This effectively puts 100% control of the company and its assets in the hands of the foreign director. The Thai shareholders have absolutely no executive power within the company, nor need they be consulted over any issues at any time. They can also be replaced anytime at the director's wishes. (A Thai Limited Company must have minimum 7 shareholders - for example, one foreigner and six Thais). Setting up such a company takes about half an hour and your signature about 30 times.

A popular misconception which causes foreigners unneccessary concern is that such companies are owned by foreigners and could be exposed to imagined special (future) legislation by an imagined (future) extreme nationalist government with the intention of robbing foreigners of their real estate investments in Thailand. The fact is, however, that Limited Companies are owned by the shareholders, not their directors, the foreigners. As such, Limited Companies are Thai juristic entities subject to Thai commercial law, and any changes to legislation must apply to all Limited Companies, not only those whose directors happen to be foreigners. Thai law, both commercial and personal, is not so very different from legislation in most other countries, and it applies to all juristic entities in Thailand, foreign or Thai.

TH-property's associated legal firm charges 22,000 baht for the establishment of a company with the minimum requirements for ownership of land. Such companies need not do more than own property, and the required yearly audit - 0.00 baht result - costs 10,500 baht.
    Better than marrying a Thai and having everything in her name, i think

5. Lounge   -   #15
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Dont think so..

Found this one that may be more up ians street for about £1,000,000...

850m2 with 3512m2 of land, on the beach...

5 Beds, 7 Bathrooms..

This incredible luxury villa stands in lush gardens on the beach 40 kms south of Hua Hin, with priceless sea views over a charming bay dotted with islands, at the foot of a spectacular mountain on the edge of Khao Sam Roi Yot national park. Built by one of Hua Hin's best and most trusted builders, the superstructure of this house is of the highest quality. Only the best teak and hardwoods, and South African and Vietnamese granites have been used in the truly fabulous interior.

In front of the house are two swimming pools. The first - the children's pool, is long and narrow, only 50 cms deep, and the water falls out of the end into the main pool with is 7 meters wide and 25 meters long. The long, beach side of this pool features the "infinity" edge such that the water seems to tumble out into the sea. On top of the house, the penthouse suite features a heated spa, also with infinity edge, and the view over the bay is simply stunning. Behind the main house is a second house for guests with a 2-bedroomed apartment, triple garage with electric doors, a maid's room, utility room and storeroom. The main house also has a maid's apartment. Offers over 75 million baht only please, and viewing by appointment only.
    Nice... wish i had JP or mankers money now
    Bah, only 3 balconies on that side, should have at least 8.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_28
    the island is not that big i have a photo if i can post it on here, however the island is desserted and not much people visit it but can be visited by boat during the day, it has no accomodation but thinking of building something on it like a bed and breakfast or small lodgings hotel or a villa so people can stay i hope this helps.
    KOH TAO: GULF OF THAILAND

Aou Mao Bay in the East side of Kao Tao. No development allowed. 45 minutes by speedboat north of Samui 1 hour 40min to Chumphon--airport. Undisturbed island retreat, Crystal clear water, coral reefs & marine life. Tourists 9 months of the year with flora forest & marine granite stone monuments. The French owner is selling the lease only:

Lease price: 6.5 rai= 5.500.000 baht negotiable & 58 rai = 29.000.000 baht
    58 rai = 93,000m2 approx

£1 = 75 baht approx

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    This effectively puts 100% in control of the company and its assets in the hands of the foreign director.

interesting - thanks for the facts - so its not married but shared.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    This effectively puts 100% in control of the company and its assets in the hands of the foreign director.

interesting - thanks for the facts - so its not married but shared.
    You'd be the foreign director though, and therefore have 100% control of the assets, although legally the assets are owned by the company you set up..

Loopholes in every system

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    but don't forget that you as a farang (idiot tourist) don't know the "system" and have to go through a mess to get to where you want...as added bonus.
    i'm not critcizing them im just saying the cultural difference can be difficult

but im sure there are real estate companies out there which live on this law (aka johnny Depp) to make it easier.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    I'm sure of it...

There property laws are really no different from most countries' though.

I'd have to go through the same rigmarole to buy a house in Poland.. except in Poland, I couldnt just have a company that owned property. The Company would have to actually DO something, like B&B etc..

At least in Thailand, i could have a company that just owned my property.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast