Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kazaa lite to die off at last (official)

or maybe even the article ?

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    i havnt used kazaa lite in ages now ever since i installed limewire .

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Hmm it seems far from dead,just like this post.
    Actually I've seen more people on kazaa lately(over 4,000,000 the other day)
    I'm using Kazaa Lite K++2.4.3 with SP2 and had no problems connecting (takes like 3 seconds)
    But I hate those fuckers sharing WMV files that are protected that send you to some web sight-infact I'm done downloading WMV files.

I still find some good shit on Kazaa.
    Last edited by Twigboy; 11-13-2005 at 06:27 AM.
    "Specs"
    CPU:High,some say I'm a legend in My own mind.
    Update! Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she's ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Put .wmv into your filter list.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Kazaa lite won't go away anytime soon. Not as long as people are still distributing it.
    Found a download url for kazaa 1337 pack rev 005.

Anyone that doesn't already have it can simply download and install this pack. It's is a fairly good complete distro.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Gordy's Avatar Kickass Poster
    Looks like kazaa will have its last day know torrent-sites are so well used by so meny people world-wide.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Larry's Avatar SkyJumper
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigboy
    Hmm it seems far from dead,just like this post.
    Actually I've seen more people on kazaa lately(over 4,000,000 the other day)
    I'm using Kazaa Lite K++2.4.3 with SP2 and had no problems connecting (takes like 3 seconds)
    But I hate those fuckers sharing WMV files that are protected that send you to some web sight-infact I'm done downloading WMV files.
    For all the Chicken Little's out there....the sky is not falling and K-Lite isn't
    going anywhere but up.

If you're using any K-Lite version prior to v2.7, you need to check out 2.7RC1
    with it's many new features, including one that will solve fake file problems,
    the Fake File Filter will screen out those fake and corrupted files.

As Barbarossa suggests, simply put .wmv into the filter list to solve
    your DRM problem.

And yes, there are over 4 million+ users on Fasttrack right now and climbing.

Official Download Site for K-Lite v2.7RC1

"The person who thinks he knows everything is particularly annoying to those of us that do!"

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Well K++ suffered at the hands of Sharman, and a loss of interest by the programmer.

The RIAA have been attempting to bring it down for some time now and have succeeded in pushing many users to other clients.

It is sad and a bit worrying. If K++ does fall then a lot of users will jump ship and may bring with the a lot of problems, look out for the spread of dud mp3's and fake files on eMule and a ton of bad data on bit torrent as the anti piracy organisations arrive

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    m.lawrence's Avatar KazaaLite User
    It's amazing to me, considering development on Klite only stopped a couple years ago, how many people have forgotten some of the facts.

Random nut did not "lose interest" in Klite, Sharman forced him to stop.

The RIAA has been attempting not to bring down Klite per se, but Fasttrack and Kazaa in general. It's Sharman who brought Klite down. Which is what started everyone shouting Kazaa sucks! which eventually turned into Klite sucks! Prior to Random being ordered to stop work on Klite everyone thought Klite and Fasttrack was the cat's ass.

Anyway I still use it and I'm glad to see the users back up to around 4 mill lately.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    m.lawrence's Avatar KazaaLite User
    Oops

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast