Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you know......

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    I'll actually semi conceed to the jsa argument.

It's likely you'll be turned down for full jsa......

Hardship provision

You may be able to get a reduced amount of JSA under the hardship provision. You can do this if your JSA cannot be paid under the normal rules for any of the following reasons:

* you are not available for work
    * you are not actively seeking work
    * you do not have a Jobseeker's Agreement
    * there is a doubt about whether any of these apply to you
    * you unreasonably make yourself unemployed. For example, you leave your job voluntarily without good reason, you lose a job because of misconduct or you turn down a job offer
    But you can possibly claim a smaller amount on Hardship basis.

Jonno
    You have provided just a snippet of information from a booklet or somesuch designed to help those claiming support. The actual rules governing this are much more complicated and lenghty, so it neither supports what I say, debunks it or half-supports it.

In fact, the leaflets that I have seen that kind of information in (with the bullet points) actually have a disclaimer saying that the information provided is only for reference.

I know for a fact, through my experience of working for a advice agency akin to the Citizen's Advice Bureau that you can claim full JSA after leaving a job of your own free will. Based on circumstances sure, but far, far more lenient than you seem to imply it is. You could just say you were unhappy with your previous employment.

In fact in two years of working there I can't recall doing more than a handful of hardship provision forms.

btw what is your experience of the JSA system if you claim you'd never use the benefits system?
    Last edited by Withcheese; 09-09-2005 at 04:42 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chebus
    have a disclaimer saying that the information provided is only for reference.
    Well, Jonno did refer to it.

The above is a classic example of how to win an imaginary pwnage point by taking one part of a post completely out of context. Experts at this stupid tactic include Billy Dean, Riodeleo, whypikonme and UKResident.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I never said I've never claimed, I said I refuse to claim.

I claimed once years ago, I had been in full time employment for 5 years but aparently I was'nt entitled to anything because I left of my own free will.

Thats my experience.
    Granted it would seem the laws have change.

But you cannot deny that if you leave work of free will you have less chance of claiming jsa, so my argument does have validity.

Anyway, I said I semi conceed.

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #84
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Jonno, you're confusing 'free will' with 'no good reason'.

Stop it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #85
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    The above is a classic example of how to win an imaginary pwnage point by taking one part of a post completely out of context. Experts at this stupid tactic include Billy Dean, Riodeleo, whypikonme and UKResident.
    The above which bit?.....you know I'm not very good at this stuff, please say it so I can understand it

@Manker.... No I'm not, I had good reason when I left and tried to claim, they said I left of my own free will reguardless. Because I did'nt report it or follow up on the reasons I left I had no claim for jsa. Hence me saying about the rules have changed.

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 09-09-2005 at 04:45 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #86
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I never said I've never claimed, I said I refuse to claim.

I claimed once years ago, I had been in full time employment for 5 years but aparently I was'nt entitled to anything because I left of my own free will.

Thats my experience.
    Granted it would seem the laws have change.
    The thing with the JSA is that they do get things wrong, they are not experts on the system because it is so complicated. If the job-centres across the country are anything like Plymouth's then the level of competence of the workers on the front desk/line is very low (remember that's the job no-one wants to do within the benefits agency, I pity them. The general public is revolting). It hasn't changed much in 5 years, I reckon you were fobbed off and if you had done some research with an agency like the one I worked for there may have been a way to start a claim. But that's pure conjecture on my part, reading your latest post I get the feeling there was more going on than you are revealing.

But you cannot deny that if you leave work of free will you have less chance of claiming jsa, so my argument does have validity.

Hooray, now you are starting to see that things aren't black and white. I'm proud of you.
    Last edited by Withcheese; 09-09-2005 at 04:50 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    The above which bit?.....you know I'm not very good at this stuff, please say it so I can understand it

@Manker.... No I'm not, I had good reason when I left and tried to claim, they said I left of my own free will reguardless. Because I did'nt report it or follow up on the reasons I left I had no claim for jsa. Hence me saying about the rules have changed.

Jonno
    You really are confusing it. I explained why with a vulgar example earlier, not doing it again.

As to the former - rod off, beachcaster boy.

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    reading your latest post I get the feeling there was more going on than you are revealing.
    To what are you reffering? my job or my claim?

I did'nt start a plee thing whatever they call it cos I could'nt be arsed for the sake of £30 a week, I just went and got another job.

Hooray, now you are starting to see that things aren't black and white. I'm proud of you.
    Yeah someone else said that to me recently.

Jonno

9. Lounge   -   #89
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Jonno's been out of work for 2 days and he is already posting 1000's of threads and arguing with everyone?

I'm so glad I'm working now

10. Lounge   -   #90
    2 days? erm.....I left thursday before last

Dude what you been smoking? ........can I have some?

And how can "Everyone" be said? Cheese and Manker......no one else
    It's just like old times tho, tis great

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 09-09-2005 at 05:03 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast