Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Questions.

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    Those are shows, for a sport to have athletes steal from each other like medals, wives, children etc etc. is too unneccessary dont you think?
    Would make sport more interesting.

"Tiger Woods is about to sink this to win the Open...but what's this? It's Sergio Garcia, he's got a steel chair...bah gawd! He split him right open!"

2. Sports Club   -   #52
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

I'm not a spammer because I use to be a huge fan, untill it started getting riduculous, Steve Austin stealing Angle's gold medals etc etc etc. There is a point where you know it's too fake to watch.

BTW, Busyman your inbox is full, I tried sending you a PM
    I edited the spammer bit out (I decided (too late) that there was no need to bring my dislike of your spamming tenedencies into the discussion and my mention of WWE was pure roddage so I should effect a less gitty tone).

The fact that it is fake is not lost on anyone but children and mentals. It is a bit of OTT fun, like a soap opera with fisticuffs. And some of the performers are truly talented (Rey Mysterio Jr), entertaining (Chris Jericho) or just plain cool (SCSA).

The fake argument makes no sense to me when you consider that most television is just that fake. Star Trek, Lost, Fox News, etc are all fake. So what's the problem with fiction all of a sudden?
    Probably 'cause it's passed off as sport.

I remember many years ago (before your time) the WWF was trying to convince everyone that it was real.....like The George "The Animal" Steel reallllly loved to eat the insides of turnbuckles.

I remember Roller Derby doing the same thing. At one time that was real.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-15-2005 at 02:05 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #53
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I hate soccer atm.

My national team sucks, my club team are doing shite and my local team are doing even shitter.

The only "American sport" I really enjoy is the wrestling.
    Really? I like wrestling when I was a kid watching it with my great grandmother in South Carolina.

Now though, I see it as being so childish (and of course fake as hell).
    Well it has changed since 20-30 years ago.
    Last edited by Cheese; 09-15-2005 at 02:05 AM.

4. Sports Club   -   #54
    Really? I like wrestling when I was a kid watching it with my great grandmother in South Carolina.

Now though, I see it as being so childish (and of course fake as hell).
    No.....no not really. It's the exact same bullshit. I just grew up.

I still have pictures I took from some matches I went to.

I was verrrrry good at snapping the pictures. I'll catch them in the air, either off the the top turnbuckle or someone being knocked off their feet.

I'll post them when I get the chance to scan them into my Snapfish account.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #55
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    WWE is desperate for fans, they moved their Smackdown from Thursday to Friday, because they werent getting many viewers.

BTW: Busyman, delete some PM's in your INBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Sports Club   -   #56
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

I was verrrrry good at snapping the pictures. I'll catch them in the air, either off the the top turnbuckle or someone being knocked off their feet.

The quality in matches has changed hugely in the last twenty years since the likes of George Steel (I vaguely remember him), if you think differently then you haven't watched anything of it in recent times. You only have to compare an 80's match to that of today's performers, wrestler's today have turned it into an artform.

I'll admit the concept is much the same, though they have a more storyline based way of doing things now (this obviously to create interest in PPV's), good guys vs bad guys. And whilst it is fake, that doesn't neccessarily mean you know what the result will be.

And the childishness and cheesiness is a big part of what appeals to me, a puerile mixture of men beating each other up, tasteless jokes, hawt divas and people getting hit with steel chairs.

@macbeth: No, they moved because the network told them to. Friday night is a crap night for trying to get ratings (so I'm lead to believe) in America so that would be suicide. They still show it here on Thursdays, and in Canada.
    Last edited by Cheese; 09-15-2005 at 02:30 AM.

7. Sports Club   -   #57
    WWE is desperate for fans, they moved their Smackdown from Thursday to Friday, because they werent getting many viewers.

You think THEY moved it to Friday?

Friday is a TV gulag. It means you suck balls and are about to be flushed to basic cable status.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Sports Club   -   #58

The quality in matches has changed hugely in the last twenty years since the likes of George Steel (I vaguely remember him), if you think differently then you haven't watched anything of it in recent times. You only have to compare an 80's match to that of today's performers, wrestler's today have turned it into an artform.

The concept is much the same, though they have a more storyline based way of doing things now (this obviously to create interest in PPV's), good guys vs bad guys. And whilst it is fake, that doesn't neccessarily mean you know what the result will be.

And the childishness and cheesiness is a big part of what appeals to me, a puerile mixture of men beating each other up, tasteless jokes, hawt divas and people getting hit with steel chairs.
    It's basically the same except with more sexy divas and more story oriented skits.

Hell I remember when Hulk Hogan went "bad".

I remember when "other" wrestling leagues started...then folded.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Sports Club   -   #59
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

Friday is a TV gulag. It means you suck balls and are about to be flushed to basic cable status.
    I think they're getting teh shaft as they are in the last year of their contract with UPN. RAW's move to USA Networks next month could see a resurgence of interest in wrestling and a new home for Smackdown.

10. Sports Club   -   #60

I think they're getting teh shaft as they are in the last year of their contract with UPN. RAW's move to USA Networks next month could see a resurgence of interest in wrestling and a new home for Smackdown.

That's funny 'cause (I kid you not) I didn't actually know they were going to basic cable.

Why would it moving to USA give it a resurgence? WWF or Ewhateverthefuck was on Spike TV (used to come on before CSI repeats) and I never recalled much fanfare.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-15-2005 at 02:56 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast