Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boxing prediction?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    So it's Taylor, then.

As to Lacy/Calzaghe, I was a bit disturbed that Lacy didn't mind getting hit in his last fight.

Calzaghe might change Lacy's thinking on that point.

I still think Lacy will win, though, and for the same reason that Taylor prevailed over Hopkins (one of my favorites fighters ever): AGE.

It is well that Hopkins wasn't too far down the road to make a fight of it.

In any case, it should be a great fight.

I think at some point soon we will see Taylor move up also; there are too many great fights (and money) to be made at the weight.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    So it's Taylor, then.

As to Lacy/Calzaghe, I was a bit disturbed that Lacy didn't mind getting hit in his last fight.

I still think Lacy will win, though, and for the same reason that Taylor prevailed over Hopkins (one of my favorites fighters ever): AGE.

I think at some point soon we will see Taylor move up also; there are too many great fights (and money) to be made at the weight.
    Yeah Taylor won last night.

Hopkins did a worse job than the 1st fight (which I think he was robbed of his belt).

Hopkins must not have got it through his skull that this was a rematch and that he should have done something differently.

Irregardless to his age, I still don't think he should retire. He beat knocked De La Hoya out with a disturbingly painful body shot, knocked out Felix Trinidad, and was over 30 yrs old.

He ain't done....hopefully.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    So it's Taylor, then.

Yeah Taylor won last night.

Hopkins did a worse job than the 1st fight (which I think he was robbed of his belt).

Hopkins must not have got it through his skull that this was a rematch and that he should have done something differently.

Irregardless to his age, I still don't think he should retire. He beat knocked De La Hoya out with a disturbingly painful body shot, knocked out Felix Trinidad, and was over 30 yrs old.

He ain't done....hopefully.
    Agreed.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123