Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo REVOLUTION CONTROLLER UNVEILED

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Ok...I don't even know what to say.

2. Games   -   #32
    I can see myself getting mad and grabbing one end and swinging the other end,then bashing it into bits.Cant they think of the sexually angry men like myself.

3. Games   -   #33
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    After watching the video i think the controller is a great idea, it has almost sold me on getting a revolution. I will always respect nintendo, I have had all nintendo consoles over the years (yes even a gamecube, i was the one out of 50 people who brought one in Australia). I'll most probally buy a 360 and a Revolution and take a shit on a PS3

4. Games   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerystalksme
    i was the one out of 50 people who brought one in Australia)
    whhaa...are you serious, only 50 people on that island bought a gamecube?

5. Games   -   #35
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45joe
    to the nearest 50

6. Games   -   #36
    'stralia looks big, but the population's relatively small for so much land. so 50's a pretty respectable number, actually.

7. Games   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC

'stralia looks big, but the population's relatively small for so much land. so 50's a pretty respectable number, actually.
    that's like saying 750 sold in the US is repectable

8. Games   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    that's like saying 750 sold in the US is repectable
    yeah!

9. Games   -   #39
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    i saw this controller on g4 yesterday, i have to say it looks like a complete piece of shit, i mean how the hell are you supposed to shoot run and aim all at once, let alone reload while moving backwards from zombies. if i want a point and click adventure i'll play online, i sure as hell hope they have "normal" controllers for that pos! maybe next they'll make a headset with voicecommand so you dont even use your hands, just say it and it does it. 2 hands to 1 hand to no hands. but it's nintendo after all they only have 1 guy with good idea's, and he's drying the hell out of his mario, donkey kong well *shrugs* i'd only buy that system for resident evil anyway, only damn reason i bought the gamecube

10. Games   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    i saw this controller on g4 yesterday, i have to say it looks like a complete piece of shit, i mean how the hell are you supposed to shoot run and aim all at once, let alone reload while moving backwards from zombies. if i want a point and click adventure i'll play online, i sure as hell hope they have "normal" controllers for that pos! maybe next they'll make a headset with voicecommand so you dont even use your hands, just say it and it does it. 2 hands to 1 hand to no hands. but it's nintendo after all they only have 1 guy with good idea's, and he's drying the hell out of his mario, donkey kong well *shrugs* i'd only buy that system for resident evil anyway, only damn reason i bought the gamecube
    the control alone with no addons has as many axis as three analog sticks.

with the nunchaka (however it's spelt) setup. the extra stick can be used to walk back and forth and strafe while the main control can be used as both a lightgun and conventional look around. demos have been made of both these methods, but not at the same time (though i don't see why not) and all the game journos have said that when they use it as a lightgun it seems to know exactly what they want. they say the other setup, (which i believe works by twisting the control towards the direction you want to turn) is as effective as keyboard and mouse.

i reckon this truly is revolutionary on the same scale as the analog stick, tenner says microsoft and sony are already rushing copycat periphirals right now.

think of the possibilties, with two controls first-person games wouldn't need more than four buttons because your hands could be directly mirrored within the game. so anything you can do in real life can be done in the game...... apart from maybe touch typing

imagine resident evil, firstperson where you have to mime opening the doors, that might finally make it scary

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast