Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ho hum, another huge hurricane...

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    These people may not have the means to supply themselves with basic essentials like food, water and shelter but they can supply manpower. I do believe that any civilised society should help the needy....I don't believe that this gives the needy the right to be parasites. In other words help them to help themself.

I would add that I can understand an unwillingness for a husband and father to let his family out of sight for even a short time given some of the unlawful things that happened in N.O., however it is my understanding that there is effective security supplied now.
    Add to that that I heard on the radio that money being given for essentials is being used for glamour items like Prada bags and whatnot.

There was some dumbitch on the radio saying that she understands a victim using part of their $2000 from the government being used for such things.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-22-2005 at 06:56 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Your life is threatened by the huge (oh, and boyoboyoboy, I mean flippin' HUGE!!!) hurricane-you are desperate-you and yours are surely going to perish if you do not leave-but...THERE IS A CAR, UNATTENDED! PERHAPS YOU COULD USE IT TO LEAVE THE IMPERILED AREA!?!?!??....BUT NO!!!! IT IS NOT A PROPERLY-LABELLED GOVERNMENT-PROVIDED RELIEF VEHICLE, AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR EMERGENCY USE!

SURELY THE POLICE WOULD SOON STOP ME AND PLACE ME UNDER ARREST ME AND TAKE ME TO...SAFETY?

No. that would make too much sense, and besides, if I leave, I can't blame Bush.

[/B]
    A Republican advocating Looting, despite the fact a couple of weeks ago the Republicans were up in arms about looters and "they should all be shot"..

...now i heard it all.

Tell me J2, would you have accepted the excuse before or after the shooting?
    That's quite a leap you're making, Rat.

Remember the parable about the man who steals a loaf of bread?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Thankfully, i dont know that one...

However I do remember the hell on when the looting was underway..and most of it appeared to be for food/water.

Not all of it, granted... but most of it.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    One must ask...if this was a known terrorist strike, would help be five days behind or will I hear more shit about how the local authorities weren't up to snuff.

The fact is that it was not a terrorist strike, which would have fallen immediately to the President's hand, and quite properly.

The forces that were "on-site" (for lack of a better term) were not in play because Nagin and/or Blanco refused to allow their control to be federalized, even temporarily; you see, they are guilty of playing politics, and genuinely did not want a Republican to be seen as acting effectively in any relief effort.

Blanco herself admits she didn't ask for federal help (which means she refused to relinquish state control) until two days after landfall.

Bush is the fucking President, you dimwits, of supposedly the most powerful nation on the Earth. A more hands on approach (simply paying attention) would help.
    I have not said anywhere that Bush is blameless; to the contrary, I have said quite the opposite.

You, on the other hand, are so consumed and obsessed with blaming Bush that you are allowing your hatred of the man to compel you to make the pathetic and downright stupid arguments you are making in this thread.

Drop your politically-correct bullshit and talk straight, B.

There is a command-hierarchy for such emergencies, and the top two slots were occupied by Democrats who were out-of-their-depth.

No matter what Bush's culpability in the matter, that is the unavoidably salient and operative fact.

If you don't like that, tough shit, pal.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Strange then how the Whitehouse had to withdraw their accusation that she had not asked for federal help, after it was pointed out she asked for it officially 2 days BEFORE the landfall.... reported in your media at that time (Ialready posted where in that timetable).

The President also took steps BEFORE the landfall that made it a Federal matter, so i'd heard... taking the authority out of the States hands.

Think we better wait for the Congresional Investigation?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    some very unchristian attitudes being displayed here.
    How would you know?

The short blurb below your av informs me, vid.

And since when is plain talk unchristian?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Strange then how the Whitehouse had to withdraw their accusation that she had not asked for federal help, after it was pointed out she asked for it officially 2 days BEFORE the landfall.... reported in your media at that time (Ialready posted where in that timetable).
    Since my information comes from a direct quote of Blanco herself, I believe I'm holding trump, Rat.

BTW-

As to your willingness to believe your gleanings from our media, you'd do well to remember that your own Auntie Beeb is far from infallible or agenda-free (as has been proven recently), but for purposes here I will stipulate she is probably more reliable than ours.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    If you mean Dr Kelly... that is by no way proven.

Indeed, the Governemnt is still taking flack, and new evidence is surfacing all the time that suggests the BBC's stance was correct afterall.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    If you mean Dr Kelly... that is by no way proven.

Indeed, the Governemnt is still taking flack, and new evidence is surfacing all the time that suggests the BBC's stance was correct afterall.
    As you wish.

It's yours, after all, and as such I can understand your reluctance to see her wrinkles and ideological incontinence.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Not balanced like Fox?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast