Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: New Evolution spat in U.S. schools goes to court

spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    As the conservative movement in the US grows, It seems to be only a matter of time before the arguement is authenticated. Evolutionists can only hold out for so long; they are losing time to find that damning evidence in time for their presentation...
    Last edited by spinningfreemanny; 09-24-2005 at 09:52 PM.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    What predictions can be made on the assumption of intelligent design?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I think this qualifies as a manny-sighting.

Good to see you, sir.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

@ topic
    By all means put it in an elective religious studies class but keep it out of science classes. It's not science and doesn't belong there.

A common misconception nowadays. Truth is scholarly intelligent design supporters can quite effectively debate using pure scientific evidence.

You don't have to look hard to see such, but it is now common practice for evolutionists to turn a blind eye to such things.

Maybe this lawsuit will come to an actual debate about the validity of such things.
    Please point to this scientific evidence.

WB by the way

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    A common misconception nowadays. Truth is scholarly intelligent design supporters can quite effectively debate using pure scientific evidence.
    what is the evidence, precisely? or what is the evidence, roughly. as far as i've been able to dig up, intelligent design's scientific evidence consists of missing links. "here's something that evolutionary theory hasn't explained... therefore, intelligent design." that's not evidence, that's a lack of evidence.

a lot of controvery is made of things like the "missing link" of human evolution, or various other gaps... but science is not based on the gaps, it's based on everything besides the gaps.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    lets see...2 off of the top of my head.

1. Erosion patterns currently unexplainable to natural rivers will be observable.

2. Rapid devolution can be observed. (earth spin slowing, magnetic strength weakening, many star supernovas and no observed star births.)

Sorry, though, as shown my my absence, I don't really have the time, or the capacity to spell out the intelligent design theory out, but you can just as easily google it. (make sure you pick a PRO intellegent design theorist to spell out the theory...)

but while your at it; try to find some evidence for cosmic, stellar, and organic evolution.

I think with an open mind you might find that major parts of evolution, is in fact religion.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Oh, nice to see you all around bytheway...

I'll try to poke my head in from time to time ;-)

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I started this thread thinking as a parent does from time to time , what are the schools doing right or wrong . I don't have a problem with religion or science , my guys are taught tolerance at home ( is that a religion ?) and I expect the same thing at school . Give them the facts real or imagined and let them ask their own questions . Kids are pretty smart they'll tune out the bull shit .

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    The beauty of science is that it repeatedly and predictably proves itself to be incorrect. Only to go on and prove the new "fact" is also incorrect.

FFS we still teach Newtonian physics in schools, even the bits we now know to be incorrect.

Two scientists have opposing views on a subject, each of them has their proof. Each is convinced that they are correct, each has their followers. Which one do we allow to be taught, coz one must be wrong, no matter how much proof they have.

Point is chaps, science is not sacrosanct. Ask any decent physicist.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    The beauty of science is that it repeatedly and predictably proves itself to be incorrect. Only to go on and prove the new "fact" is also incorrect.

FFS we still teach Newtonian physics in schools, even the bits we now know to be incorrect.

Two scientists have opposing views on a subject, each of them has their proof. Each is convinced that they are correct, each has their followers. Which one do we allow to be taught, coz one must be wrong, no matter how much proof they have.

Point is chaps, science is not sacrosanct. Ask any decent physicist.
    Quite clearly and succinctly put, my good man.

Will it matter?

Not bloody likely...inconvenient facts, logic, and history are there to be ignored, I guess.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast