Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is there no multipeer downloading

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Apart from the music.. It's often the users that make a network... I use Soulseek for two reasons, I can download files of high quality...and more important, the friends one makes there..After all the changes on this board...I was pleasantly surprised to find many of the users, that used to contribute so much, to making this a great board to be a member of, lurking in the chat there... or a frequent visitor

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    yeah the fact kazaa only hashes the first bit of any files meant that real files could be easily corrupted infact i read a report on kazaa saying their best estimate is that 50% of all the files are corrupt in some way which is not surprising.

soulseek is based on an old version of winmx (or openap) if i recall thats why it has no multipeer which is a serious limitation to it.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I am trying Lopster on the openap circuit, (winlop) it does offer multi-sourcing, but you know, on Soulseek with todays broadband speeds, it does not make a lot of difference. Sometimes the downloaded files using multi-sourcing are not always seamless, so you can waste bandwidth... I have never downloaded a "bad" file on Soulseek.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12