Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping Girl...

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by titey
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Mine has finally discovered old Dad is an asset, instead of just an ass.
    Now if'n ya could only convince the rest of the world.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by titey
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Mine has finally discovered old Dad is an asset, instead of just an ass.
    Now if'n ya could only convince the rest of the world.
    I'm workin' on it, buddy.

Whatever has possessed you?

Don't you dare leave without sending a PM (at least) for that nice lady, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its a little tuffer for me I'm the dreaded Stepfather but have brought her up since she was 3 years old , shes 14 going on 18 too are n't they all ?

Love her with all my heart but her and mom love to gang up on the old peat moss. I stay the course but it is hard ,they have a way of getting what they want .

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Boy, I don't know what's rougher-I signed on with my step-daughter when she was 15.

Her Dad's an asshole, and she knows it; I've never knocked him, but we had some rough-sledding for a couple of years.

She's now 24, and we're great pals.

Don't know if I'll ever get to the real "Dad"-type level, but it's pretty good the way it is.

I love 'er to bits.
    Last edited by j2k4; 10-04-2005 at 01:33 AM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ya my sweet peas Dad comes around once a year on her bday and plays the big shot with the money, rest of the year I supply which is fine but it hurts sometimes . He's never paid a dime and I never said much about it its not her fault . Wife just wanted him in her life .

Still think I'll be the one walking her down the aisle and if she wants her dad too I can share .

6. Lounge   -   #16
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Ya my sweet peas Dad comes around once a year on her bday and plays the big shot with the money, rest of the year I supply which is fine but it hurts sometimes . He's never paid a dime and I never said much about it its not her fault . Wife just wanted him in her life .

Still think I'll be the one walking her down the aisle and if she wants her dad too I can share .
    I imagine it's rough being a stepfather. I commend you and j2k4 for being
    the fathers these girls need. It takes strong men to put aside their feelings
    and do what's best for other mens children.

The world needs more men like you two.

Peace bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 10-04-2005 at 03:35 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    My wife and I have a her's , mine , and ours like most on this board , all you can do is be supportive and try your best . Its not a contest , its life for better or worse .

We choose better , it is a struggle tho and my two sons thrive under it cause they know we love them all and thier very protective of their older sis .

Would n't want it any other way , I brought them up right .

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Good deal, Peat.

I don't know whether I'll get to "walk" my step-daughter, but her Dad has stipulated that he won't attend any wedding if my wife or I attend, and she's already told him where the bear shit in the buckwheat on that point, but she and her beau haven't set a wedding date, so who knows how things will shake out.

Her Dad demands her loyalty as he defines it, and hasn't backed off.

All I've told her is that I will do anything in my power to make her "day" as perfect as it can be (and if that includes stomping her Dad's little dicky in the dirt, I'll do that, too); it's the least I can do.

BD-

Thanks, but with some kids, it's a genuine pleasure, and I can't claim any special ability in that area.

I'm not awfully sure I'd have wanted to be step-father to my kids.

My ex has made that whole show pure-D Hell for everyone involved.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12