Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Need For This?

ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    does ur tv have an s video Input, u'd see it next to ur av input lines.

also: fixed the links, sorry about that, my computer messed up.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    what do you mean by that? It has a thing for the cable and thats pretty much it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by thechampishere
    what do you mean by that? It has a thing for the cable and thats pretty much it
    What do you mean by that? What has what thing for what cable?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Well if your t.v dosent have a s-video in jack you won't be able to connect it to your pc,if you go into any electrical store and ask for the cable they will help you.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    he means it has that screwon nob for the cable line. most tv's have the av(red white yellow) inputs next to that, then u'd see a round hole that has openings in it, should say s-video input under it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Allright so i bought my S Vid Cable and i hooked it to my DVD player which is hooked to my VCR which is hooked to my TV cause my tv is old and it only had the one for the cable like the old style not the new style. Any ways when i try to install the Nivia WOM driver it says that its not XP recognize and it will not let me start the driver to have it play on my tv whats next?

update
    Heres more of what i have to say. Allright my tv is old school and it has the cable hook up not the S Video but the old one with the niddle in the middle. So i was thinking why cant this work. I hooked the S cable to my DVD which than is hooked to my VCR with the red white yellow which than hooks the cable niddle to my VCR to my TV. When i turn the tv on i get the DVD screen. So what cant i use the DVD as my gateway. I mean the S Video is hooked up to the DVD player so why cant i see with the DVD player? Plus when i try to install Nivdia WOM driver for my video i get a error that says Windows XP doesnt Recognize this driver and it gives me this where i can keep installing or stop installing so i click keep installing and after it installs my computer shuts down and when i try to start it to get it to clone over to my tv it says device cant be open try to uninstall and reinstall WOM driver. Any ideas?
    Last edited by thechampishere; 10-14-2005 at 03:04 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    what no one has got any advice on that for me?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    well if the s video out from ur computer goes into ur dvd player, i dont think u'd see it anyway as the dvd svideo is an output as well not in input. if ur vcr has a svideo, check to see if that says input. if it does connect it to that, then press "line or input" on ur remote so it goes to that channel.

as far as ur drivers go, have u tried visiting the actual site of the people who make ur video card/software? they may have updated the drivers because of instances like this.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    ApacNTS is right. A DVD player doesn't have an input. It's not a recording device.

You need an S-video to composite converter:

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    allright that worked out i got it on the tv now theres only one prob left there is no color what so ever on the tv its black and white. any idea what i need to do to get the color of it from black and white to color hard to play SA when i cant see

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast