Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virus Problem

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Ok can't do the explorer.exe way, looks like the only other solution is to uninstall Norton and try something else, I wont uninstall it until I get a recommendation from you guys and then download it. And apparently Microsoft's Anti Virus (beta) can't find it (its up to date) neither can ad-aware, search and destroy, or online scans (trend micro). This is messed up.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Try a program like Regseeker to clean the reg and it also has a start up utility program thats easer to use that msconfig .

What Norton product are you using? I like Symantic Corp . Ver. 10.0.0.359
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-14-2005 at 02:01 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Ok got your PM

Right now i'm trying out that panda software one (platinum) and so far so good, it's actually damn good found a lot of things in my comp i didnt know i had (thanks a lot s&d, adaware, and microsoft ). But ill still give the corp. one a try, I replied to ur PM.

So far so good.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    Norton blows ass, get Kaspersky or NOD32
    I actually agree with this statement very much. I used Norton acouple years back and it failed me big time.. So much that I had to refomat my computer cause it wouldnt boot shit. Not only that, but my friend was infected with a virus (they had Norton) and the virus sent itself to people on their address book before Norton even caught it. The virus was even sent to me but my antivirus blocked it before it could do any damage.

NOD32 or Kaspersky is what I recommend. Ive used both and they are both friendly and work well.
    Last edited by erRor67; 10-14-2005 at 04:14 AM.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    what's the best? Avast? NOD32? Kaspersky??? Please post what you think is the best and most effective one (and if I can get updates using a crack )

edit: My friend said to check out Platinum Internet Security 2005 by Panda Software, apparently its the best right now. Is it?

You can get a free copy of NOD32 at http://www.nsaneproductions.com

Theres also a file that gives you unlimited updates. No, its not a crack.. Its basically a couple of reg keys that trick NOD32

EDIT: Dunno about Panda Software. Never tried it personally, but if it works for you, go for it.
    Last edited by erRor67; 10-14-2005 at 04:20 AM.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by erRor67
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    what's the best? Avast? NOD32? Kaspersky??? Please post what you think is the best and most effective one (and if I can get updates using a crack )

edit: My friend said to check out Platinum Internet Security 2005 by Panda Software, apparently its the best right now. Is it?
    You can get a free copy of NOD32 at http://www.nsaneproductions.com

Theres also a file that gives you unlimited updates. No, its not a crack.. Its basically a couple of reg keys that trick NOD32

EDIT: Dunno about Panda Software. Never tried it personally, but if it works for you, go for it.
    sweet, thanks man, ill def. download and keep it handy. as for panda, i looked around, nothing but positive reviews, its number 1 on everyones top ten list apparently. something to do w/ trueblock or something i'm too lazy to check it but thanks again

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Try a program like Regseeker to clean the reg and it also has a start up utility program thats easer to use that msconfig .

There is a new version of SAV corp available, Peat. Noticeably, the start-up scan sequences run much smoother, for far shorter periods of time and without maxing your CPU% rate.

Version: 10.0.1.1000

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

There is a new version of SAV corp available, Peat. Noticeably, the start-up scan sequences run much smoother, for far shorter periods of time and without maxing your CPU% rate.

Version: 10.0.1.1000

Oh good thanx I'll have to go hunting !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12