Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adult Website Lawsuit Threatens Google Image Search

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    May sound odd but I'm with Perfect10, although they're obviously trying to get a bit from Google, why should Google be able to profit by showing pics that are copyright of perfect10 and not pay them?(google profit from ads on their service that show this stuff)

There are no ads on google image search results. As noted in my previous post.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by cldnails
    There are no ads on google image search results. As noted in my previous post.
    Google dont provide the image search out of the goodness of their hearts, they would not be fighting an expensive law case over their image search yet again if it was not financially viable. They make money from it even if it is indirectly the adverts are only one click away from that page, click on web, froogle or groups at the top and the adsense adverts magically appear. Have you seen googles profits this quarter? They are very very big.

Whether or not it is right for them to do it is a fine line. I'd say it is generally okay and you can stop Google going into sections of your site quite easily anyway. Really it just gives them a means to advertise the site.
    Last edited by neveremail; 10-25-2005 at 09:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12