Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf where's my 5th star again!

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Look I'm not delusional. I had close to 3000 posts if not a couple more. I just want my 5th star back. I said I've gotten it ripped here 3x, but it might done 4-5x. It's fn ridiculous.

No argument there I know you did . Does n't seem fair to me .

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    OK. So WHO can give me BACK (for the 4-5x) MY 5th star? Which mod or an admin. or Brian? Who?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Noone.

Its an automated thing. The only way you'll get a fifth star right now is ifthey change the requirments.

yo

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Seems when the Lounge posts were set to count again and the board was set to recalculate post counts some members came up with a lower number for some reason. This could be do to posts left from IPB or just a glitch. I could easily give you the fifth star back by just setting your post count to 2,500 although it would be fudging and considering your only a little over 50 posts short of that I think it woulkd be better to just get it back as it will come soon enough anyway. We all know your a great member and you shouldnt stress over it although I agree with you in the fact that its very annoying...
    Last edited by RealitY; 10-16-2005 at 02:00 AM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    For me, the real concern isn't of the absence of the 5th star itself, but for the valuable posts which made up that star.

If there were the requisite number of posts, wtf happened to them?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Post counts actually mean something, they represent how many posts you have made.
    Actually no they don't. I used to think they did until I discovered all the BS spamming going on in the lounge.

Now there's conversations going on such as...

Post #1
    Post #2
    Post #3 FTW!!!
    Post #4 Hmmm

Post count should mean something if it's constructive, is what I think you meant to say.
    Yeah, you're right. There should be some sort of witless moron filter to keep these people from posting in there.

Of course, that would preclude you from making any lounge posts - but ya gotta take the rough with the smooth.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Actually no they don't. I used to think they did until I discovered all the BS spamming going on in the lounge.

Now there's conversations going on such as...

Post #1
    Post #2
    Post #3 FTW!!!
    Post #4 Hmmm

Post count should mean something if it's constructive, is what I think you meant to say.
    Yeah, you're right. There should be some sort of witless moron filter to keep these people from posting in there.

Of course, that would preclude you from making any lounge posts - but ya gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Of course you're one to judge as you're one of the main contributers to posting nonsense. You can try and single me out every time I say anything about the lounge manker, but the fact remains that you amongst others spam the forum with mindless BS. Deal with it.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi

Of course you're one to judge as you're one of the main contributers to posting nonsense. You can try and single me out every time I say anything about the lounge manker, but the fact remains that you amongst others spam the forum with mindless BS. Deal with it.
    It's an off-topic section.

Some people post about their lives, some people post interesting interweb things, some people post utter drivel - but everyone posts stuff that they want to talk about. Most of what you see as spam, others see as entertainment.

Only a witless idiot, such as yourself, wouldn't be able to grasp this simple concept. If you don't like it then don't post there. As to singling you out each time you stereotype people that post in the lounge as idiots - I will continue to do so, same goes for anyone who suggests likewise.

The fact is that you can't post there very often because you don't have the necessary wit or intelligence to participate properly. That's fine, no-one will hold it against you but there are a lot of very clever members who post in there - far more intelligent than you - to insult them and others with your continual snide comments, which actually only relate to a handful of people, is quite honestly pathetic.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator

Why do you keep attacking the lounge folk. I`m sure it say's off topic discussions.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Enough of that thread hijacking. Where are my 700 posts? And my fn 5th star? And did this happen to anyone else? I want em back!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast