Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on usenetserver now?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi...
    What's NewsHosting like?
    I've been sharing an account with reality for a few months now and never had a problem. Not sure how long the retention is but i've gotten things over 20 days old.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi...
    What's NewsHosting like?
    I've been on NewsHosting for about a year now, never had any problems. I grabbed a DVDr the other day that was like 33 days old... There were a few incompletes but the pars repaired them...

I rape the hell out of my unlimited access, and I never get any complaints or even know newshosting is there until I get the monthly bill in my email.
    They have never let me down.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I've touched around the 35 day mark as well for NZB's on NewsHosting. No incompletes, but NH are doing upgrades to 45 days aren't they anyway?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Ive heard theyre supposed to add retention also although im not sure if thats public info when or even accurate...

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    So are they still having issues? It seems they have gotten a lot better if the stats on the home page are to be believed.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Yo dudez,

Im using ntls free server at the minute, i get decent dvd rips (DivX Xvid etc...) Pc games and teh pron.

Looking to get dvd-rs though. Looking to go the pay route for servers. Heard of a few but would like u lot to give me some reccomendations please.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    NewsHosting is probably the best.. For $15 per month you get unlimited access with 8 connections. Retention is 40 days too. You can see a list of newsgroups here: http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=2
    blah blah blah... whatever...

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    As mentioned before think NewsHosting is the best deal for the money.
    Dont forget the site refferal should you decide to signup with them...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Well sorry dudes but i plumped for giganews. 70 day retention. I spoke to a mate of mine who used them as well as eurofeeds.

He said he reccommended both of them, seeing as giga was cheaper i went for them!

Grabbing some great files too!

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Voorhees
    seeing as giga was cheaper i went for them!
    Newshosting is $14.95 a month for Unlimited whereas GigaNews is $25.00 a month as far as I know. Additionally NewsHosting goes down to around $12.50 a month if you pay yearly so wondering where you got the impression GigaNews was cheaper anyway...

Last edited by RealitY; 02-18-2006 at 07:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast