Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious about how many of you...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    I have never voted in my life.
    the countries i live in do not allow me to.
    Subtle geographic responsibility escapism?
    Probably.

How'd you begin in here, though?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    I have never voted in my life.
    the countries i live in do not allow me to.
    What, they don't allow you personally. Or a particular section of society, to which you belong. The mentals perhaps.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    @ J2k4....ah yes indeed. I too remember the clamour for a discrete place to discuss more 'serious' topics around the start of the Iraq war.

'World News and Events' was eventually born (after much campaigning) and became 'The Drawing Room' shortly after the move to VB. That bloody Iraq thingy is responsible for bringing us all together in this place....many an evening spent in my apartment in Boston, bored shitless.....and then...I found KLite board and met you lot.

I would never have guessed that so many of us would be still here after all this time.

My contributions tend to be few but I like to think they are quality.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    @ Sara

Absolutely, feck you even joined the board Police. Who would have thunk it.

Hal scion daze.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think, initially, I posted in here (and SoftwareWorld) more than other places.

I then found the gene pool to be rather shallow and decided that the primordial soup that is the lounge offers much more to the colloquium aficionado than the rigidity of opinion proffered here.

Just a personal opinion, mind you - and I certainly do not preclude myself from posting in this section when the topic of conversation is more ... avant-garde.
    Last edited by manker; 10-25-2005 at 11:17 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    beautifully put and as anal retentive as ever manker?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think, initially, I posted in here (and SoftwareWorld) more than other places.

I then found the gene pool to be rather shallow and decided that the primordial soup that is the lounge offers much more to the colloquium aficionado than the rigidity of opinion proffered here.

Just a personal opinion, mind you - and I certainly do not preclude myself from posting in this section when the topic of conversation is more ... avant-garde.
    Some of we do read and try to appreciate t'opinions of others. Tho' I have to agree, the default seems to be not to bother.

Personally I have no problem with differing opinions, provided the person actually has the manners to read before disagreeing.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    @ J2k4....ah yes indeed. I too remember the clamour for a discrete place to discuss more 'serious' topics around the start of the Iraq war.

'World News and Events' was eventually born (after much campaigning) and became 'The Drawing Room' shortly after the move to VB. That bloody Iraq thingy is responsible for bringing us all together in this place....many an evening spent in my apartment in Boston, bored shitless.....and then...I found KLite board and met you lot.

I would never have guessed that so many of us would be still here after all this time.

My contributions tend to be few but I like to think they are quality.

Indeed, you are one of our anchors, Sara, responsible for our grounding.

Charter female, too, as I remember...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    n00b
    i just jumped in, as i am a noob, and i figured this would be a good place to start.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by insolentsummer
    i just jumped in, as i am a noob, and i figured this would be a good place to start.
    And it is.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast