Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Save The World!

Originally posted by "The Avatar Man"+20 April 2003 - 13:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("The Avatar Man" @ 20 April 2003 - 13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hobbes@20 April 2003 - 18:56
    Ok now, back to the topic.

If we are to save the world, we must define exactly what "saving " means.

Is it democracy for all, food for all, freedom of religion, babes in bikinis, chicks on trampolines, buy one, get one free?
    wishful thinking my man.
    the world doesnt need saving humans do.
    they only way to really achieve peace will be to kill every human on the face of the earth only then will true order be restored [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve gotta agree with that one.

Mankind is the only species as far as we know, that is consciously able to control it&#39;s own destiny.

We have redefined "survival of the fitest" to mean the weakest if they make it to the hospital in time.

We are creating a reality where the strongest and most cunning get sent to jail or pidgeon-holed into one mode of thought.
    The weakest and most controllable are given the best chance at survival in this brave new world.

Don&#39;t allow you children to call each other names. We wouldn&#39;t want them to learn to deal with adversity at an early age.

Don&#39;t let them fight on the playground. That might toughen them. God forbid that they should learn to deal with pain.

Don&#39;t let them play anywhere that they may get hurt. They might accidentally learn physical skills and problem solving skills that will help them have the confidence they need to take necessary risks when they are older.

Wouldn&#39;t want to create any heros.

Thats the world we are creating.

Technology is a wonderful thing.

One E-Bomb can permanently dissable it.

What skills will be needed then?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz@20 April 2003 - 22:10
    We are creating a reality where the strongest and most cunning get sent to jail or pidgeon-holed into one mode of thought. The weakest and most controllable are given the best chance at survival in this brave new world.

Wouldn&#39;t want to create any heros.Thats the world we are creating. Technology is a wonderful thing. One E-Bomb can permanently dissable it.What skills will be needed then?
    NE1,
    I&#39;m hoping for your sake the post was a joke, cuz its the most anti-social thing i&#39;ve seen in a long time. Aren&#39;t you a father? Do you seriously question the need to imprison certain people? You believe that the world would be a better place if criminals and psychopaths were in control? That this would create a society of Heros? Wouldn&#39;t saddam be your ideal ruler under such a scheme?

If you were serious, get on anti-depressants, you&#39;ll thank me later. So will your kid.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+20 April 2003 - 18:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 20 April 2003 - 18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ne1GotZardoz@20 April 2003 - 22:10
    We are creating a reality where the strongest and most cunning get sent to jail or pidgeon-holed into one mode of thought.&nbsp; The weakest and most controllable are given the best chance at survival in this brave new world.

Wouldn&#39;t want to create any heros.Thats the world we are creating. Technology is a wonderful thing. One E-Bomb can permanently dissable it.What skills will be needed then?
    NE1,
    I&#39;m hoping for your sake the post was a joke, cuz its the most anti-social thing i&#39;ve seen in a long time. Aren&#39;t you a father? Do you seriously question the need to imprison certain people? You believe that the world would be a better place if criminals and psychopaths were in control? That this would create a society of Heros? Wouldn&#39;t saddam be your ideal ruler under such a scheme?

If you were serious, get on anti-depressants, you&#39;ll thank me later. So will your kid. [/b][/quote]
    Yes...From reading it the way I wrote it, I can see where you may not get my point.

I was stating a fact. We jail the strong and cunning to protect the weak and controllable.
    We are the only species that does that.
    In every other species, the natural order is that the strong survive and the weak fall by the wayside.
    Or get eaten.

We lock them up.

We create laws.
    We refine those laws.
    We redefine those laws.
    We tell others how they are suppose to live.
    We cry and whine when anyone does the same in return.

But we don&#39;t really change what percentage of crime is commited.
    We just change the way its commited.
    We change who gets away with it.

And the only reason right now, that we are winning in Iraq, is superior technology.

I&#39;m not saying Saddam is right.
    I&#39;m not saying most criminals don&#39;t deserve to be locked up.

What I&#39;m saying is, if we had gone to war without our technology, what do you expect the results would have been?
    If we were on equal ground with Iraq.

One E-Bomb could have done that if properly placed.

Peace

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    I was stating a fact. We jail the strong and cunning to protect the weak and controllable.We are the only species that does that. In every other species, the natural order is that the strong survive and the weak fall by the wayside. Or get eaten.
    --no argument here.

We tell others how they are suppose to live. We cry and whine when anyone does the same in return.
    --not sure i follow, could you give an example? Bit confused on "they" and "we".

But we don&#39;t really change what percentage of crime is commited. We just change the way its commited.
    We change who gets away with it.
    --agreed, laws are social constructions, and are defined in context. But many crimes are so common as to be virtually universal human crimes, those of violence.

And the only reason right now, that we are winning in Iraq, is superior technology.
    --Here&#39;s where you start to lose me.

I&#39;m not saying Saddam is right. I&#39;m not saying most criminals don&#39;t deserve to be locked up.
    What I&#39;m saying is, if we had gone to war without our technology, what do you expect the results would have been? If we were on equal ground with Iraq. One E-Bomb could have done that if properly placed.

--i think you&#39;re saying that since we&#39;ve removed ourselves from natural selection/survival of the fittest, that the hierarchy now depends on external, man-made factors, like warplanes and electricity and modern medicine. That supremacy has nothing to do with the physical attributes of a people, but their technology.

again, no argument on that point. but you seem to imply that there&#39;s some impending Mad Max apocalypse, that will render the developed world the lowest group on the ladder. So as long as we maintain civilized society, we&#39;re sealing our fate. You&#39;re not religious, are you?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    duplicate post

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by myfiles3000@20 April 2003 - 20:08
    We tell others how they are suppose to live. We cry and whine when anyone does the same in return.
    --not sure i follow, could you give an example? Bit confused on "they" and "we".
    They and we are really one and the same. Mankind in general. We want to tell everyone else how to live but we don&#39;t want anyone telling us how to live.
    Examples...Hmmm...Ok...I&#39;ll bring it down to a neighbor level.
    One guy is upset because his neighbor doesn&#39;t rake leaves until they&#39;ve all fallen.
    He thinks they should be removed daily. Pristine yard kinda thing.
    How would he feel though if the neighbor told him he was not allowed to rake his leaves until they had all fallen. Mainly because kids love to play in leaves and they look so beautiful on the ground.

Everyone has a prefered method. No-one wants someone else imposing theirs on them.

One E-Bomb could have done that if properly placed.
    --i think you&#39;re saying that since we&#39;ve removed ourselves from natural selection/survival of the fittest, that the hierarchy now depends on external, man-made factors, like warplanes and electricity and modern medicine. That supremacy has nothing to do with the physical attributes of a people, but their technology.

again, no argument on that point. but you seem to imply that there&#39;s some impending Mad Max apocalypse, that will render the developed world the lowest group on the ladder. So as long as we maintain civilized society, we&#39;re sealing our fate. You&#39;re not religious, are you?
    Are you familiar with EMP? Thats what an e-bomb emits.
    Imagine every electronic and electrical component frying all at once for several miles.
    Beyond that, all electronics are dissabled for a period of time for a few more miles.
    Within the immediate range, all electronics are destroyed. Never again usable.
    Thats not sci-fi.
    We can do it now without nukes.
    The bomb is somewhat like a tesla coil, capable, on detonation, of transmitting a high level electrical burst of energy that will destroy computers, radios, tvs, cell phones, etc.
    People were wondering if we would use them in Iraq. I think we did but they were small.
    Here&#39;s is some basic info and links to more info:

A Superconducting E-Bomb

Yes, I am religeous. Why do you ask?

Peace

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    longterm:

what will motivate people like kim jong II to stop starving his people and stop threatening the rest of the world?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    you guys write too much. go watch a funny movie.

and also, if you want to make a difference, become the president, otherwise, its just like that online petition against the war: we laugh at you.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    After having been out of the loop for a few days, I return to find I must immediately commence re-compression so that I might contribute coherently.
    Oh, well........
    Beginning sequence on my mark..........
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    j2 you crack me up...

i AM saving the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast