Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Energy saving

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    If everyone starts being fuel efficient prices will rise because of reduced demand. profits must be maintained.
    I also don't think that's how "supply and demand" works. When there's too much demand, they put prices up.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 10-28-2005 at 07:08 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    I also don't think that's how "supply and demand" works. When there's too much demand, they put prices up.
    That works in an open market where one can actually choose where to get ones power from. Although one can decide to pay the bill to a different source, with utilities the supply is basically fixed. It's not like shopping around at different stores to find the cheapest coffee.
    I was posting on what happened, not a "market theory"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    . privatisation sucks
    With some things I agree. When Thatcher "sold the family jewels" everyone seemed happy that if they bought shares they made a quick profit. Then utility prices rose. The one saving grace was price regulations applied by the UK government without which prices would have risen even faster. In all I feel the consumer lost out on that deal.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    privatisation ruined the railways and pretty soon it's gonna fuck over the NHS

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    NHS already fecked,its in terminal decline,I think part of growing up is when you start giving a shit about bills and saving money.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i'd rather pay more tax than have fat cats fixing prices, making it too expensive for poor people to get insured and bieng unaccountable when they fail

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    What would help the N.H.S would be doctors being made to serve a min of 10 years in N.H.S before they can go into private practice and pay back the ppl that trained them, same should apply for dentists.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    NHS already fecked,its in terminal decline,I think part of growing up is when you start giving a shit about bills and saving money.
    I can't quite believe I read that correctly.

One for the archive.

The answer to all our prayers is "in terminal decline".

I heard it here first.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze
    What would help the N.H.S would be doctors being made to serve a min of 10 years in N.H.S before they can go into private practice and pay back the ppl that trained them, same should apply for dentists.
    It's a nice idea, but they would just go abroad.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    They usually do, I don't mind it when foreign doctors get trained here and go back to thier homeland where thier needed most but its the ones that have compared to the average person a life of luxury but feel that they should drive a bentley b4 paying back us taxpayers for thier years in uni running round stark bollock naked with traffic cones on thiers heads , I wonder where hippocrates is when they're discussing thier salary?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast