Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm constantly on the look-out for the dirt on Conservatives...

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    ...and their estate be distributed equally among the first 5000 poor people who can be found.
    The line forms behind me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Hypocritical bastards, each of them.

They should be punished-capitally, of course, and their estate be distributed equally among the first 5000 poor people who can be found.
    Each of whom?
    Why, Santorum and his wife, of course.

Vid-

Do you suppose Mr. Santorum's stipulation might have been born of his wife's legal experience?

If memory serves, Santorum's idea would have been pre-dated by his wife's suit, and to be termed "hypocritical" would require the fully elastic liberal usage of the word.

In any case, a mere half-mill is, relatively-speaking, a trifling sum when considered against the routine several million-dollar awards thrown about by juries who labor under the misapprehension that they are not (ultimately) paying that bill themselves.

No points for your effort, and Clocker doesn't get the cash.

Sorry.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Each of whom?
    Oh I thought the lawsuit was his wife's alone.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Vid-

Do you suppose Mr. Santorum's stipulation might have been born of his wife's legal experience?

you must be dizzy after that spin.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Vid-

you must be dizzy after that spin.
    It's not spin, vid.

One predates the other, and whatever he eventually proposed as an upper limit for "pain and suffering" had to come from somewhere.

Or do you think he emerged from the womb spouting that figure?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36

Yes, but apparently vid would have seen her constrained by her husband's as-yet unannounced stricture.

The bitch should have known.
    Last edited by j2k4; 11-12-2005 at 08:32 PM.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I seem to remember outrage and shouts of hypocrisy when democrat presidential candidates suggested holding lawyers to account over frivolous lawsuits. ..why?.... because said candidates were lawyers and filed lawsuits in their past

One predates the other, and whatever he eventually proposed as an upper limit for "pain and suffering" had to come from somewhere.
    Oh let me think....hmm....could it possibly be.....THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY LOBBY
    Come on kev. Read the standard set by the article you posted and the title..Do As I Say (Not As I Do).

But Santorum agreed enough to tell the jury that he had to carry the laundry upstairs for his wife and that, because she suffered humiliation from weight gain, she no longer had the confidence to help him on the campaign trail. The jury was so moved it voted to award Karen Santorum $350,000.
    Oh how HE suffered
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-12-2005 at 03:47 PM. Reason: FIXED QUOTE MARKS

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Yes, but apparently vid would have seen her constrained by her husband's as-yet unannounced stricture.

The bitch shoud have known.
    QUALITY!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I havent read the thread, however...

I'm constantly on the look-out for the dirt on Conservatives...
    Shouldnt be hard, not rare.

Shouldnt be hard to get the dirt on their rivals either... again, not rare.

You really cant get anywhere in politics unless your a hypocritical, cold hearted bastard... no matter which side you profess to represent.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I seem to remember outrage and shouts of hypocrisy when democrat presidential candidates suggested holding lawyers to account over frivolous lawsuits. ..why?.... because said candidates were lawyers and filed lawsuits in their past

Oh let me think....hmm....could it possibly be.....THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY LOBBY
    Come on kev. Read the standard set by the article you posted and the title..Do As I Say (Not As I Do).

But Santorum agreed enough to tell the jury that he had to carry the laundry upstairs for his wife and that, because she suffered humiliation from weight gain, she no longer had the confidence to help him on the campaign trail. The jury was so moved it voted to award Karen Santorum $350,000.
    Oh how HE suffered
    I shall petition him immediately to increase his ceiling figure to $350,000.

Or would you prefer they give back 100K?

Your choice.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast