Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: computer games and church?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    j2 doesn't strike me as a religious person, but he defends it savagely because bush is a christian
    Sorry to have intruded on your thread.

Don't know what came over me.
    stop feeling sorry for yourself, you twat

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Sorry to have intruded on your thread.

Don't know what came over me.
    Not to worry, my short-peckered friend.

I had made up my mind to totally ignore you, and absent this instance, have been observing this imperative rather well.

It is against my personal policy to employ the "ignore" function provided by the board, as I reckon it would deprive me of the opportunities you present for genuine belly-laughs as you continue to contemplate your navel in open forum.

Carry on, idiot-boy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Not to worry, my short-peckered friend.

I had made up my mind to totally ignore you, and absent this instance, have been observing this imperative rather well.

It is against my personal policy to employ the "ignore" function provided by the board, as I reckon it would deprive me of the opportunities you present for genuine belly-laughs as you continue to contemplate your navel in open forum.

Carry on, idiot-boy.
    short peckered? that hurts.

ignore me? like i said, you're an "english" person

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I thought churches, of any religion, were not allowed to get into politics in the USA. Isn't that a fundamental rule.
    A fundamentally ignored rule.
    In what way.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

A fundamentally ignored rule.
    In what way.
    In the way that they believe it's their duty to absolutely have to ignore it and some believe that the rule doesn't even exist.

Thomas Jefferson called it a "wall of separation between church and State". Somehow that wall is viewed as a magical wall that only blocks one direction of travel.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    In what way.
    In the way that they believe it's their duty to absolutely have to ignore it and some believe that the rule doesn't even exist.
    I'm sorry. I don't understand what you are saying there. What do Churches have to ignore.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you are saying there. What do Churches have to ignore.
    Originally Posted by JPaul
    I thought churches, of any religion, were not allowed to get into politics in the USA. Isn't that a fundamental rule.

Thomas Jefferson called it a "wall of separation between church and State". Somehow that wall is viewed as a magical wall that only blocks one direction of travel.
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-06-2005 at 03:46 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    So you feel Churches should not express an opinion in relation to matters of morals, ethics, religion etc.

Do you feel the same way for other groups, animal rights activists or gun owners for example. Should no-one express their view.

Or do you only deny freedom of expression to Churches.

Edit : I think the "wall" was there to stop Churches having actual power, like in the UK. That's how it was explained to me in another thread.
    Last edited by JPaul; 11-06-2005 at 03:47 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    So you feel Churches should not express an opinion in relation to matters of morals, ethics, religion etc.

Do you feel the same way for other groups, animal rights activists or gun owners for example. Should no-one express their view.

Or do you only deny freedom of expression to Churches.

Edit : I think the "wall" was there to stop Churches having actual power, like in the UK. That's how it was explained to me in another thread.
    Originally Posted by JPaul

Of course there should be no bar to someone that has faith (try to get elected if you don't) but as so loudly shouted by conservatives we run the country by the constitution. Doesn't that mean that the bible comes second?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Nope, don't see any point there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast