Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leechers? in bitcomet

JOE052
    This is what ive been doing to stop leechers.

- Click Peers
    - Go to the Peer download speed colum
    - Look for high speed downloads
    - Click on them, then move to the 'upload colum' (which is left 4)
    - If its 0, right mouse click and BAN for 24 Hours.

That way im only giving my upload speed to the people who are giving me some too. I suggest everyone does the same, that way it'll make everyone have to share Then overall we'll all have a better speed

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    m.lawrence's Avatar KazaaLite User
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE052
    This is what ive been doing to stop leechers.

- Click Peers
    - Go to the Peer download speed colum
    - Look for high speed downloads
    - Click on them, then move to the 'upload colum' (which is left 4)
    - If its 0, right mouse click and BAN for 24 Hours.

That way im only giving my upload speed to the people who are giving me some too. I suggest everyone does the same, that way it'll make everyone have to share Then overall we'll all have a better speed
    I don't know if that's such a good idea. There could be reasons why someone has a 0 in the upload column other than that the person may not be allowing uploads. I doubt those numbers are 100% accurate 100% of the time, so you could be banning someone for no good reason.

Whatever, but I wonder if the original poster is talking about leechers like we talk about leechers from Klite or leechers as we talk about them in BT, cause they're different. In BT leechers are just people who have only downloaded less than 100% of a file. After downloading 100% leechers become seeders.

In klite leechers are just a-holes who don't share.

In any case I can hear where you coming from as I tried BT a few times before I stuck with it. Klite is simply a cool program to use and if you find a file with lots of high bandwith sources you can download at almost your maximum rated connection speed.

Not so with BT, I tried Bit Tornado and Bit Comet and the best I've ever averaged is about 60 K/sec.

But, and this is a big but, you won't have to worry about fakes, viruses or just programs, movies, etc that have been renamed or are not what the damn filename says it is with BT.

Bit torrent is a great p2p system, it's just not as FUN to use as Klite was/is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12