View Poll Results: Should Illegal File-Sharing (Music) Be Legalized?

Voters
1355. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal File-Sharing

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    It should stay illegal.

2. File Sharing   -   #102
    I think it should stay illegal so the RIAA and MPAA can point the finger at us and say "theres the bad guy"

I got the idea from Scarface :p

3. File Sharing   -   #103
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    it is NOT illegal, you formulated your question awfully

4. File Sharing   -   #104
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    it is NOT illegal, you formulated your question awfully
    He said illegal filesharing, meaning copyrighted files which is illegal to share and download.

There's no need to be a dick when you post, btw.

5. File Sharing   -   #105
    kajoon's Avatar Panek Ota... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think they sould make it legal BUT the should be fair on the dime...
    we want to help the artist but not to get robbed in bright daylight...

6. File Sharing   -   #106
    i'm also writing a paper on this topic......

it's illegal b/c people are freely trading copyrighted material...

The RIAA claims that when you buy a cd you have the right to listen to it, that is all...they claim that you dont even have a right to make a backup copy for yourself; without the express written permission of the copyright holder. I believe it's absolute BULL....
    but think of it as anything else, if you were a teacher and bought a text book, you couldnt copy it for everyone in the class and then pass it out to all the students, then the publishers wouldnt make any money..

In a sense its the same thing, but how are they going to stop the downloaders....sure the RIAA shut down Napster, Grokster, among others... but there are hundreds of other places to get the music, and it's impossible to stop the millions of people to do it....like terrorism, you can go after the big terrorists but more and more will be developed and its impossible to stop them all...

7. File Sharing   -   #107
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    RIAA just tries to make money, they twisted the meaning of copyright, protection of authors rights. Artist doesnt need that much protection, he could write good music without millions on a bank account. Making music isnt making movies, you dont need a datacenter to record an album. Hell, Nirvana recorded its first album for $600.

8. File Sharing   -   #108
    gogurles
    its file sharing talk

9. File Sharing   -   #109
    Not a "N00b"
    Well if music was a small enough cost then everyone would purchase .... could it be that the Music Industry has had a Good Thing for Too Long !!! They (the Music Industry) winge that profits are going down - could that also indicate the "quality" of the performers and tracks also going down ??? ... from speaking to a mate if they charged 1p to listen to a song via the internet then people may be happy with that sort of cost model ....

10. File Sharing   -   #110
    I don't think it should be legalised but i think people like students and those who can't afford it shouldn't be penalised because i'm sure the artists would prefer us to enjoy it free cos we can't afford to buy the full version; i will happily buy all my music back that i have downloaded when i have a full time secure job

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast