Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Santa removed from Coke cans. Non-Christians find him "offensive."

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    How is "O Christmas Tree" a Christian song?

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    How is "O Christmas Tree" a Christian song?

How'd you manage to refrain from giving MN the captainobvious business?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I was thinking more that worshiping idols (such as decorated trees) was generally frowned upon by Christians.

As an aside, when I sang it as a kid, it was widely entitled "O Tannenbaum" and any reference to "Christmas tree" was, in fact, "Tannenbaum."

Edit: It could very well be that Busy's still reeling from the pink-spandex wonder that he so oft references.

Last edited by MagicNakor; 12-21-2005 at 10:57 PM.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Merry "Christmas " everyone , got this in an email today thought it was funny , Not for little ears and hopefuly doesn't offend anyone .

http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-23-2005 at 05:02 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I was thinking more that worshiping idols (such as decorated trees) was generally frowned upon by Christians.

As an aside, when I sang it as a kid, it was widely entitled "O Tannenbaum" and any reference to "Christmas tree" was, in fact, "Tannenbaum."

Edit: It could very well be that Busy's still reeling from the pink-spandex wonder that he so oft references.

Hey wait a minuet was it not the bloody Germans that first started decorating the xmas trees ?

Ah my wife's German little ones half but have heard that before the tree decorating part !
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-23-2005 at 05:14 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Last edited by vidcc; 12-24-2005 at 04:05 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    yeah yeah more blah blah. it doesn't say who had santa forcefully ejected, does it. this thread started with a misleading title based on the article's "maybe"s "perhaps"es and "i suspect"s because the dude who wrote it is just trying to drum up a phony controversy and sell his book based on the hypothesis that the grinches are out to destroy christmas. the only phone call mentioned in that article is the one the writer made, demanding to know why santa wasn't on the coke cans. yes, even though you should always trust everything the media says, especially what foxnews says, 'cause they obviously can't say something if it isn't true... this is actually a case of some guys pointing a disapproving finger at private companies & going "how dare you not honor my holiday specifically, by name?!?! christmas!! the holiday that lasts from november 1st to december 26th. what's up with this 'happy holidays' nonsense? there are other holidays? I AM A BIG FAT INSECURE CRYBABY, GIVE ME A PACIFIER." it's so disingenuous, too, like that southern cable guy comedian who decided he could make an ass-load of money by picking an audience and saying what he thinks it wants to hear. that guy isn't even from the south, and he's not really a cable installer.

Wow Brainiac,

These word bricks you compose would make great stocking stuffers for all the bad boys and girls, less messy than coal.

Did you perhaps post this from a padded cell? I would have loved to watch you compose this rant via webcam. Spittle going everywhere, fingers smashing keyboard and all.

Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    lynx's Avatar .
    Btw, peat moss, you're silly.

Bet you thought you'd got away with that one.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Wow Brainiac,
    remember how you used to respond to people's arguments by insisting that they were dishonest, compared with your own forthrightness as if your turds don't stink? and how i was never there to interrupt with a comment about your personality? have a very merry shut the fuck up, you honester-than-thou jerkoff.

i typed this response free of malice, madness, or keyboard-mashing.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-24-2005 at 06:39 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Wow Brainiac,
    remember how you used to respond to people's arguments by insisting that they were dishonest, compared with your own forthrightness as if your turds don't stink? and how i was never there to interrupt with a comment about your personality? have a very merry shut the fuck up, you honester-than-thou jerkoff.
    Thank you and you have a good one as well.

Geez, I was only playing.

Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast