Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: beeing a teacher for half an hour.

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    well my hobbies are learning foreign languages by whatching movies, travelling, and modelism, I guess I pick travelling.

question now is how to make it entertaining. You know how french people get bored very quickly, like to boast ect... So I'm not sure a class with everybody talking about his travelling experience will make an interesting class.
    Anyway, I'll have to be the master of ceremony wich implies beeing the one talking all the time.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i know nothing about any of them. send the boystrous ones out to the hallway and teach the quiet ones.

oh ja and check wikipedia

3. Lounge   -   #13
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    guys I'm stuck!..

4. Lounge   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You could ask them for torrent invites.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #15
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    You could ask them for torrent invites.
    I will and I know they have lots of, but I'm willing to give them to tou only if you give me a clue on what I should do.

.....what a liar I am...
    Last edited by leonidas; 11-26-2005 at 07:03 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas
    well my hobbies are learning foreign languages by whatching movies, travelling, and modelism, I guess I pick travelling.

question now is how to make it entertaining. You know how french people get bored very quickly, like to boast ect...
    You could have a wee chat about stereotyping and why it's never a good idea if you want people to take you seriously.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Ohhh la la

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

question now is how to make it entertaining. You know how french people get bored very quickly, like to boast ect...
    You could have a wee chat about stereotyping and why it's never a good idea if you want people to take you seriously.
    those are not stereotypes, but real tendances, you don't know what you are talking about, whatever..

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    reverse it
    give your class 15 minutes to come up with an interesting personal subject, maybe polemic, discution where everybody is meant to participate, whatever,something entertaining and interesting for about half an hour.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

those are not stereotypes, but real tendances, you don't know what you are talking about, whatever..
    Oh dear. I'm afraid that I do know what I'm talking about.

Sterotyping is when a person assumes that all members of a particular race, religion or social group are the same based on limited interaction with a few members of said group. I'm assuming you haven't had the opportunity to speak with every French person in order to ascertain whether they are, indeed, prone to boastfulness or have short attention spans.

You glibly stereotyped a nation, with hardly a second thought, and are exactly the sort of person I wouldn't want teaching my son.

See, I'd like an open minded teacher who would have the intellect not to subscribe to ideals such as 'French people have short attention spans'.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast