View Poll Results: Is it okay to make fun of fat people?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO!! stfu u cold-blood ferktard!

10 24.39%
  • No, but everyone does it occasionally

14 34.15%
  • Yes, but only the pleasantly plump ones

5 12.20%
  • YES!! Verbally assault the 500kg+ ones till they shet their pants!

12 29.27%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fat People!!!

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    If as is often the case, that a fat person comfort eats because they are unhappy, if they are teased about being fat then that can make them more unhappy and so they comfort eat.

I personally find fat people eating huge amounts of food quite nauseating but I would not lower myself to actually have a go at someone like that as I would not like to hurt their feelings.

I guess being a smoker is similar. I know it is bad for me, but all the adverts and campaigns designed to make me stop just keep on telling me that I am an evil bad person who is killing all those around me, that I stink and am a lowlife....it just makes me reach for another ciggy.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sArA
    I personally find fat people eating huge amounts of food quite nauseating but I would not lower myself to actually have a go at someone like that as I would not like to hurt their feelings.
    Thank you.

Hell I eat when I'm bored. I just don't really gain weight but that's genetics.

I can sit in my basement on a Saturday night watching tv and eat an entire package of EL Fudge cookies. After my pseudo-Atkins diet I forgot it was egg nog season so I put that diet shit on the back burner to drink vast amount of that tasty beverage. I drank about a carton of it a day (high cholesterol) .

Now I'm tired of it and can resume eating right.

The fact is many people are fat 'cause they are lazy overeaters. If they want people to stop talking about them they can always stop eating so fucking much and exercise if it's within their means.

There are always two sides to shit.

1. People shouldn't deliberately hurt others with unkind fat ridicule.

2. People who don't want to be fat should take steps to not be fat.

As the world turns..........

btw Sara....I always wonder why people start smoking at this day and age.
    I mean I understand it's addictive but starting it up NOW is weird.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-05-2005 at 02:45 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Whoah!
    Lookit all the ickle self-centred shits posting in here.

No, it's not OK to make fun of people for any reason.
    Some 'non-standard' (i.e. not something out of an American magazine or TV show) people are happy with their size, their looks, their voice, their hair or their laugh etc., but many more people aren't and can be self-concious to the point of being insular or becoming depressed.

It's a question of 'where does it end?', or 'when isn't it funny?' - when someone cannot take it any more and hangs themself to escape?
    This is exactly what happened to a very good friend of my wife's family (and consequently, of mine) who could see no other escape from just this sort of bullying.
    And it is bullying.

RIP, Del.
    Last edited by Chewie; 12-05-2005 at 03:24 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Whoah!
    Lookit all the ickle self-centred shits posting in here.

No, it's not OK to make fun of people for any reason.
    Some 'non-standard' (i.e. not something out of an American magazine or TV show) people are happy with their size, their looks, their voice, their hair or their laugh etc., but many more people aren't and can be self-concious to the point of being insular or becoming depressed.

It's a question of 'where does it end?', or 'when isn't it funny?' - when someone cannot take it any more and hangs themself to escape?
    This is exactly what happened to a very good friend of my wife's family (and consequently, of mine) who could see no other escape from just this sort of bullying.
    And it is bullying.

RIP, Del.
    Exactly who are the self-centered shits posting?

Fat people are great and make excellent linebackers in football season.

I watched Fat Actress a couple times and have been meaning to catch the Biggest Fat Ass Loser.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-05-2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    Pointing out that someone is fat is just stating the obvious. Like they hadn't noticed ffs. They don't think, "wha I'm FAT! Shit! Thanks for pointing that out! Phew!"

Ridiculing someone for their size just perpetuates the problem, making the overweight person feel worse and eat more. Making fun of someone's problems or physical differences is tantamount to bullying and is simply cruel.

Yes, I laugh when people are idiots, like walking into doors or saying something stupid, but never at things like weight, physical appearance or obvious failings which could cause someone distress.

I can't believe most of you bastards are that perfect that you find it acceptable to laugh at fat people. Especially when you have had problems with your weight yourself. Busyman.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The only people I mock about their weight are skinny/reasonably skinny people who worry too much about their weight. I'll probably cause some eating disorders if I carry on, but fuck it. More food for me.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythorama
    Pointing out that someone is fat is just stating the obvious. Like they hadn't noticed ffs. They don't think, "wha I'm FAT! Shit! Thanks for pointing that out! Phew!"

Ridiculing someone for their size just perpetuates the problem, making the overweight person feel worse and eat more. Making fun of someone's problems or physical differences is tantamount to bullying and is simply cruel.

Yes, I laugh when people are idiots, like walking into doors or saying something stupid, but never at things like weight, physical appearance or obvious failings which could cause someone distress.

I can't believe most of you bastards are that perfect that you find it acceptable to laugh at fat people. Especially when you have had problems with your weight yourself. Busyman.
    I never had problems with my weight. I gained weight from being lazy and then did something about it. 15 lbs. over your target weight is hardly a problem.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to laugh at fat people. I also laugh at skinny and overly muscular people.

....you're so fat that you look like a big bag of snacks, I bet if I kick you in your ass all types of snacks and treats just fall the fuck out...Ho Ho's, Twinkies, Beech Nut Gum....I bet your back is swirled up like a honey bun.
    ....Fat guy: "Let me move this microphone stand so you can see me"
    ....A fat mom with her kids at McDonald's: "I'd like 3 Double Quarter Pounder Meals, 2 fish fillet sandwiches, a large chocolate shake, a 5-Piece Chicken Selects Meal and a Caifornia Cobb Grilled Chicken Salad. (looks down at her kids) Now what do ya'll want?"

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    The only people I mock about their weight are skinny/reasonably skinny people who worry too much about their weight. I'll probably cause some eating disorders if I carry on, but fuck it. More food for me.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    tease police? where did you come up with that balls... I just dont like seeing some insecure little loser making fun of someone with a more obvious problem... and from where I grew up I could hand you your ass in a bucket... busyboy.
    Last edited by Bebi; 12-05-2005 at 08:46 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebi
    and from where I grew up I could hand you your ass in a bucket... busyboy.
    It would have to be a big bucket.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast