Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: File Sharing through Gmail!! Try GShare!!

It's also no use blaming others (zarquon) if he or/ someone else notices pitfalls in your system.
    Pitfalls!!! Do you actually think getting the devlopers BANNED without any solid proof from a file sharing forum is really helping us in any manner. I am sorry for that.

Basically we are not into other file sharing networks much because NONE of them works across Universities across firewalls.

My focus is Indian users who don't give a damn to sharing because its not that cheap to GIVE stuff here. In my service all you have to do is to give ONLY once. After that you are just releasing the requests.

I guess someone was asking that how is GShare better then the other P2P services, well the main reasons are:
    1) If 10 people download from you one 1MB file then you spend 10 MB of your upload bandwidth in any other P2P networks(except for torrents), in GShare you spend only 1MB for serving the file to 10 or even 100 people.
    2) It works on HTTP protocol.

I was thinking of developing a decentralized version of this service. Comments appreciated.

And we are well aware that as soon as Google finds about our service they will mail us. Till that time I wanna find a walkaround for it.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well, if you knew by making that post, you would have got banned, would you still have made it? Those are the pitfalls...

Most Uni's have the ports blocked that you would otherwise wish to use for file-sharing...but there are ports, that they cannot block Those we used to use. The risk of getting caught, is rather high...expulsion.

Edit: I always feel that if you wish to make a post, that could cause problems, that it is always wise to contact a moderator first, a wise man counts for two or something....Which reminds me of ..

A man was driving down the road when he approached a bridge over a river. Just before the bridge, there was a warning sign: " This bridge is only capable of supporting one passenger!" so the man being alone drove over the bridge, the bridge promptly collapsed, his car plunged into into the water and he drowned... When he arrived in heaven he asked an Angel why the bridge collapsed while he was alone in the car.The Angel replied, ... " A wise man counts for two! "
    Last edited by thewizeard; 12-10-2005 at 11:10 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    ive actually found a much better way to file share recently

i send dvds per post across germany with ppl ive met on the net
    Open your mind

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Well, if you knew by making that post, you would have got banned, would you still have made it? Those are the pitfalls...
    No, I had no idea that I would be banned for making such a post on a FILE-SHARING forum which seems to be a center for all kind of contravercy.

If tomorrow RIAA sues you(God forsaken they do) but if they do then will you be simply go to Jail without giving back a fight because you are aware of the fact that you may go to Jail for violating copyright.

I don't think there is any such term which means 'One who uses P2P network only to share legel files' or 'One who believes in sharing only and only his own stuff'.

See I don't have any kind of grudge against the fact that our intentions were doubted, but why couldn't that forum moderator Auggie2k do an intelligent thing like this moderator did. And even if it were a mistake he also banned the other developer to take the side, and just not that HE EDITED THE POST MY CO-DEVELOPER MADE AFTER BANNING HIM INTO A PERSONAL INSULT SPREE. I doubt that everywhere moderators are like that.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Hey...not all moderators are as intelligent as our moderators

I believe you, when you say you are trying to develop some file sharing system for students. To beat the port blocking.. It's just that it's well know that on gmail, nothing ever gets deleted...even when it goes in the trash bin. So, if or when the RIAA (for example), or if some American court, orders Google to cough up all the names and addresses, then ...

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    First of all this is simply not true that they(GOOGLE) will never delete any files.

Second thing, there is no way for Google to differentiate between behaviour of an actual user, and our script.

Anyways, GShare is moved to the new servers:
    http://www.gshare.in

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekybunny
    First of all this is simply not true that they(GOOGLE) will never delete any files.

Second thing, there is no way for Google to differentiate between behaviour of an actual user, and our script.

Anyways, GShare is moved to the new servers:
    http://www.gshare.in
    The link is no good.

nvm
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Poster
    One thing i dont understand is "File Size" last i knew emails in Gmail could not be larger than 10MB, so to me it doesnt seem worth it to look for files if you cant get anything bigger than that.
    If time travel is possible, where are the people from the future? hmm

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    ...come on... that's a nice size to be able to send a romantic song to your lover, or would be lover, for Valentines day...
    Last edited by thewizeard; 02-13-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123