Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Just saw the new 24 season commercial!!!

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Helen Chamberlain > leotard wearing aussie bints

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Helen Chamberlain > leotard wearing aussie bints

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    So I should have a show with the right mix of character/plot development, violence, cool music and loads of cliffhangers. Maybe a cliff-hanger at every ad-break?

Shame Prison Break beat me to it with its 56 cliffhangers an episode but don't even get me started on that show.

Mmm, so a lot of the popularity of the show (24) has to do with the cheap trick of the cliffhanger. Much like a soap-opera uses. Interesting.

I guess Lost uses a variation of this with its "onion layer mystery" thing it has going on. "Tune in next week when we reveal the answer to your questions with more questions".

The more I think about it the more I realise television sucks.
    Your entire post just illustrated how geekyoveranalyzation = nonenjoyment.

Everyone else will keep though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    never took to Prison Break

24 -> Prison Break

Sleeper Cell's going brilliantly imo, lots of religious babble and stories of how Americans have treated them unfairly, and occasionally vice versa. There’s not been any cliff-hangers either. The only thing that could spoil it would be a big heroic ending, 24 style

still like 24 though

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    So I should have a show with the right mix of character/plot development, violence, cool music and loads of cliffhangers. Maybe a cliff-hanger at every ad-break?

Shame Prison Break beat me to it with its 56 cliffhangers an episode but don't even get me started on that show.

Mmm, so a lot of the popularity of the show (24) has to do with the cheap trick of the cliffhanger. Much like a soap-opera uses. Interesting.

I guess Lost uses a variation of this with its "onion layer mystery" thing it has going on. "Tune in next week when we reveal the answer to your questions with more questions".

That last bit doesn't make sense. Work on that please, I'm far too busy to be deciphering bad sentence structure.

It is hardly "geekyoveranalyzation", it is not even over-analysis just a refusal to accept that these shows are anything other than average despite what the fan-boys insist. I didn't say I don't enjoy television, I said it sucks.

KFC sucks but I'll buy one of a weekend. Smoking sucks as well, in fact that might be the better analogy. Smoking is addictive and so is this style of average television, got to have that Nicotine-fix/Lost-fix. People just seem to fall into these routines.

Fortunately watching banal television won't reduce your life expectancy, it will just make it duller. And like cigarette smoke in your clothes/hair you won't even realise it.
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-08-2005 at 11:55 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    how many seasons r there? im on season 3 episode 15 right now
    cryco pig

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by crysmileyguy!
    how many seasons r there? im on season 3 episode 15 right now
    Then you might want to stop reading this thread. I'm a cunt for spoilers.

4 seasons btw. Fifth one comes out next year.

8. Lounge   -   #48

That last bit doesn't make sense. Work on that please, I'm far too busy to be deciphering bad sentence structure.

O Rly? There should be a period after please.

It is hardly "geekyoveranalyzation", it is not even over-analysis just a refusal to accept that these shows are anything other than average despite what the fan-boys insist. I didn't say I don't enjoy television, I said it sucks.

KFC sucks but I'll buy one of a weekend. Smoking sucks as well, in fact that might be the better analogy. Smoking is addictive and so is this style of average television, got to have that Nicotine-fix/Lost-fix. People just seem to fall into these routines.

You are buying a KFC? I thought you to be the poor college student. You need a period after 'well' and a capital i for 'in'. You need a period after television.......

Fortunately watching banal television won't reduce your life expectancy, it will just make it duller. And like cigarette smoke in your clothes/hair you won't even realise it.

How does watching television make my life expectancy duller? Starting sentences with 'And'?
    Of course it's "geekyoveranalyzation"......

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...

Why are you 'examing' a show's messages? English student or professor? I thought 'its' needed and apostrophe when denoting possession?

[ignorance]Is 'realise' the Brit spelling of realize?[/ignorance]
    Most folk don't have to realize a show sucks like it's a revelation. People watch 24 and like it. I've read critics reviews of movies and those critics have to break the movie down. However, I've many times where there could be numerous flaws and they still liked the movie.
    I remember you saying the same about BSG...yet the masses love it.

I actually am a more discerning viewer 'cause the only way I can watch a show is within the limits of TIVO space. If I don't like a show it gets the axe. I don't have time to watch out of habit. I haven't watched one episode of Nip/Tuck and am just halfway through the 1st episode of Sleeper Cell....so far it's not that good...but I'm only up to where he's following the woman.

24 grabs you from the get go. It is supposed to be a thrill ride and a nailbiter.

American TV, as many say, rawks!!!
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-08-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    From the words of the Uk'ans:

'Cause he's American.

=====

Last couple times I saw it he helped save America, not the world.

He saves the world in season 4, silly.
    Yup that's what I meant to type but i was tired

He doesn't save the world in season 4 tho, unless something happens after the 12th episode that invovlves the whole world (dont tell me).
    Sorry meant season 5.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Of course it's "geekyoveranalyzation".....
    It just comes naturally to me, probably because of my increased intelligence. Don't worry I'm not being condescending I'm far too busy thinking of things you wouldn't understand.

American TV, as many say, rawks!!!
    Naw, it rawks like a Zinger Burger does but I wouldn't serve it up for a dinner party.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast