Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Just saw the new 24 season commercial!!!

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Don't worry I'll be here when 24 repeats itself for the fifth time and we all suffer from deja-vu-boredom, when Lost becomes so absurd because the writers don't have a clue what's going on either and when Prison Break implodes under the weight of all those cliff-hangers. And I'll laugh, probably watch it all mind which is the sad thing.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    It just comes naturally to me, probably because of my increased intelligence. Don't worry I'm not being condescending I'm far too busy thinking of things you wouldn't understand.
    I always thought you as the smartest little doggy. True, I don't understand why you sniff the balls of certain male dogs while ignoring others.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    American TV, as many say, rawks!!!
    Naw, it rawks like a Zinger Burger does but I wouldn't serve it up for a dinner party.
    Well if Zinger Burgers taste good, they rawk. :duh:
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Don't worry I'll be here when 24 repeats itself for the fifth time and we all suffer from deja-vu-boredom, when Lost becomes so absurd because the writers don't have a clue what's going on either and when Prison Break implodes under the weight of all those cliff-hangers. And I'll laugh, probably watch it all mind which is the sad thing.
    That last bit doesn't make sense. Work on that please, I'm far too busy to be deciphering bad sentence structure.
    Well maybe not that busy...
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    That last bit doesn't make sense. Work on that please, I'm far too busy to be deciphering bad sentence structure.
    I'm taking "busy" jokes from someone called "Busyman" who seems to be on this forum more often than Jack Bauer says "you're going to have to trust me" in the average episode of 24.
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-08-2005 at 02:48 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

6. Lounge   -   #56
    I'm taking "busy" jokes from someone called "Busyman" who seems to be on this forum more often than Jack Bauer says "you're going to have to trust me" the average episode of 24.
    True dat.

You gotta learn how to multitask...you college student you.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #57
    manker's Avatar effendi

O Rly? There should be a period after please.

It is hardly "geekyoveranalyzation", it is not even over-analysis just a refusal to accept that these shows are anything other than average despite what the fan-boys insist. I didn't say I don't enjoy television, I said it sucks.

KFC sucks but I'll buy one of a weekend. Smoking sucks as well, in fact that might be the better analogy. Smoking is addictive and so is this style of average television, got to have that Nicotine-fix/Lost-fix. People just seem to fall into these routines.

You are buying a KFC? I thought you to be the poor college student. You need a period after 'well' and a capital i for 'in'. You need a period after television.......

Fortunately watching banal television won't reduce your life expectancy, it will just make it duller. And like cigarette smoke in your clothes/hair you won't even realise it.

How does watching television make my life expectancy duller? Starting sentences with 'And'?
    Of course it's "geekyoveranalyzation"......

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...

Why are you 'examing' a show's messages? English student or professor? I thought 'its' needed and apostrophe when denoting possession?
    The more I think about it the more I realise television sucks.

[ignorance]Is 'realise' the Brit spelling of realize?[/ignorance]
    Busyman is funny - in a DWTLKW.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Personally I can't help but tear any show I watch down to its component pieces, examing its "message", plot and character development, use of imagery and symbolism, etc. That's just the English student in me though...

Why are you 'examing' a show's messages? English student or professor? I thought 'its' needed and apostrophe when denoting possession?

i thought you were doing red writing then. i was about to phone the post office to stop that parcel

9. Lounge   -   #59
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm taking "busy" jokes from someone called "Busyman" who seems to be on this forum more often than Jack Bauer says "you're going to have to trust me" in the average episode of 24.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

I didn't even notice he'd tried to correct my grammar. Most of it is wrong though. For instance, "its" does not have a possesive apostrophe when denoting ownership. The hatred of comma use is also quite bizarre as I would get shot down in my essays for such short sentences that Busyman suggests. It is probably best not to correct an English student on his grammar when you do not have a clue yourself.

I did spell "examining" wrong though, I often do.
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-08-2005 at 02:59 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast