Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why, australia? why?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Many other countries are 30+ years behind us in that overt racism department.
    Is this an opinion or is this a fact? Which countries are you thinking of? How do you measure/quantify this "overt racism department" (whether you consider it a fact or it is your opinion)?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Many other countries are 30+ years behind us in that overt racism department.
    Is this an opinion or is this a fact? Which countries are you thinking of? How do you measure/quantify this "overt racism department" (whether you consider it a fact or it is your opinion)?
    Half a stadium throwing bananas onto a soccer field and making monkey sounds helps me quantify it. That NOT being an isolated incident helps also.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    I've heard of statements made to that effect in Australia. Similar to the same statements in America regarding blacks where back in the day, they were supposed to GTFO when in fact they were brought there by whites.
    What does this riot have to do with blacks? Black people are not the only people ever to be oppressed.
    It was a slightly off-topic comment related to racism.

I could bring up where you said the white fella didn't look like a light skinned aborigine and ask the same thing...What does that have to with the riots? He's a citizen of the country. It's his country.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Half a stadium throwing bananas onto a soccer field and making monkey sounds helps me quantify it. That NOT being an isolated incident helps also.
    Kinda funny, as I pretty much stay glued to Fox Soccer Channel and Gol TV at home and work, and I never see this.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

What does this riot have to do with blacks? Black people are not the only people ever to be oppressed.
    It was a slightly off-topic comment related to racism.

I could bring up where you said the white fella didn't look like a light skinned aborigine and ask the same thing...What does that have to with the riots? He's a citizen of the country. It's his country.
    It is the same as a white man saying it in America when he is obviously not a Native American. Still doesn't have anything to do with a black person.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Half a stadium eh? So if 10,000 people (a low turn out for major teams) were at the game then 5,000 of them brought bananas and threw them onto the pitch. Also are you implying this happens all the time as it is not an isolated inicident? Blimey, the groundsmen must have a hard time of it at these soccer fields.

What countries is this going on in? Are you saying that because Americans don't throw bananas on soccer pitches that they are 30 years ahead of these as yet un-named countries in the "overt racism department"?
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-13-2005 at 04:31 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Kinda funny, as I pretty much stay glued to Fox Soccer Channel and Gol TV at home and work, and I never see this.
    I saw it on Real Sport with Bryant Gumbel.

Many stadiums have stepped security on the matter after it went on for too long. There was a black star player from Arsenal talking about it also.

I've watched soccer as well and have never seen it. I don't stayed glued to it though or I'd surely fall asleep.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-13-2005 at 04:31 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18

I saw it on Real Sport with Bryant Gumbel.

Many stadiums have stepped security on the matter after it went on for too long. There was a black star player from Arsenal talking about it also.

I've watched soccer as well and have never seen it. I don't stayed glued to it though or I'd surely fall asleep.
    Well, Bryant Gumbel stays it is true so it must be......hmmm.

How do I get a job on the banana squad?!?!?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    It used to happen in the 80's I think, nowadays it is pretty much an isolated incident. I believe it is a small hard-core group of "fans" doing this when it does occur and certainly not "half a stadium".
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-13-2005 at 04:35 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Half a stadium eh? So if 10,000 people (a low turn out for major teams) were at the game then 5,000 of them brought bananas and threw them onto the pitch. Also are you implying this happens all the time as it is not an isolated inicident? Blimey, the groundsmen must have a hard time of it at these soccer fields.

What countries is this going on in? Are you saying that because Americans don't throw bananas on soccer pitches that they are 30 years ahead of these as yet un-named countries in the "overt racism department"?
    Hmmm..well when it goes on in over and over again and when authorities take forever to do something about it, that helps me quantify it.

I think the special did say that British stadiums were the first to crack down on such behavior though.

The 30 years ahead remark was made because we don't have stuff like that here at sporting events on a mass scale. If some fucker punches a fella 'cause he's white in the stadium...I do call that an isolated incident.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast