Thread: Another One For The Disorders Department

Yogs's Avatar n00b
    I have 2 guns!!!

YoCapone

2. Lounge   -   #102
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaGeekGirl

Point being even in a country of crime-orientated youth we don't shoot each other because guns are banned. America would be a great place without guns.

Even then, I'd hate to tell my smaller statured mother that her equalizer should taken away on principle so some fuckhead can come in and rape and murder her with less hassle.
    Or nick her microwave oven, heaven forfend.

3. Lounge   -   #103
    That's great!!!
    Point being even in a country of crime-orientated youth we don't shoot each other because guns are banned. America would be a great place without guns.
    American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)

http://neahin.org/programs/schoolsaf...statistics.htm

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Oh right, it's just that the dictionary definition says that it is.

I just forgot that you decided on the meaning of words yourself, my bad.
    1. What the fuck did you ask for?

2. I understand that it's a sexual thing in many cases but not all. Some want to cut off their limbs to have better sex. For others, not having the limbs makes them feel whole.

3. The psychiatric field changes definitions of stuff like the wind (along with making new ones).
    Oh right, I was just going with the current meaning, which seems to have it as a sexual thing.

It used to mean what you think, but the psychiatric community decided to distinguish them, so if there's no sexual element it's called Body Integrity Identity Disorder
    Last edited by JPaul; 12-19-2005 at 08:38 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #105
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    1. What the fuck did you ask for?

2. I understand that it's a sexual thing in many cases but not all. Some want to cut off their limbs to have better sex. For others, not having the limbs makes them feel whole.

3. The psychiatric field changes definitions of stuff like the wind (along with making new ones).
    It used to mean what you think, but the psychiatric community decided to distinguish them

I am not surprised.

I wonder if the folks in Sara's TV program are using the old definition. She said nothing about a sexual fetish.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #106
    It used to mean what you think, but the psychiatric community decided to distinguish them

I am not surprised.

I wonder if the folks in Sara's TV program are using the old definition. She said nothing about a sexual fetish.
    If it's recent then they probably would have described it as BIID.

7. Lounge   -   #107
    Over here even the police aren't allowed guns unless the criminals are suspected to have them, too. And they get a lot trouble if they use them other than when it's absolutely necessary.

As for your mother, busy. Why not get an appartment on the 3 floor or above in a block of flats? A lock on the door, no access to windows, how's this rapist gonna get in?

Besides, most rapes take place outside a person's home. Does your mother carry her gun around everywhere she goes?

This is another thing; people say they are used for self-defence but most things that call for an act of self-defence take place outside. Unless you carry your gun around with you and that would be scary. The idea that every time you walk out your front door a murderous-raping-paedo-thief might jump out at any given moment, and they have a gun! But oops, you left yours in your house.

In the event that you do have you gun with you, well then, it's just a case of who shoots first - wins! What a wonderful world that would be.
    No, I take my gun out much and if I do, it's not loaded. In fact the ammo is in the trunk, gun in the car (in must be separated).

Fact is, I don't fit your cubbyholing of guns bad for everyone...justbad.

I have it for the home...nothing else.

Btw, my mother lives in a house. An apartment is not an option.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #108

American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)

We also have more people here. I bet we have more people in prison in general.

I wonder who has the higher crime rate. I bet it's us.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #109

We also have more people here.
    5,285 to 19 = 278 to 1

If we have around 60,000,000 then on a pro-rata basis you would need to have 16,680,000,000, or sixteen and a half billion. Now I'm not up on the exact stats ....but

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Over here even the police aren't allowed guns unless the criminals are suspected to have them, too. And they get a lot trouble if they use them other than when it's absolutely necessary.
    If a Police Officer points a gun at someone that is considered a firearms incident, which will be investigated. They don't even have to fire them for an investigation of the incident to take place.

It is non-discretionary, take the gun out and aim = investigation, that is all.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast