Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Downloading The Fast Way

fullofjoy
    Originally posted by Paul@21 April 2003 - 10:46
    Sig2Dat

It is better to search for files, rather than using Sig2Dat hashes/quicklinks. If you do a search, you can see if the file is widely available or not. Also you start with sources to download from.

Sig2Dat hashes/quicklinks are still very usefull. You can compare the sizes in the search results with the size of the Sig2Dat. Then it is easy to pick the correct file. Tip: click on the filesize column in the search results to sort on the results on filesize.

Searching

Start a search. A single search (no AutoSearchMore) is enough if the file is popular. For more rare files do a couple of manual 'search more'. Stop searching when you have 10 or more sources. The reason why you shouldn't search until you get a lot of results will follow shortly.

Now start the download.

After that continue searching for the same file. This time you can enable AutoSearchMore if you want. Search for another minute or less. Two minutes for rare files. Searching longer doesn't help much, trust me.

You will notice that the download speeds are much higher now.

But why didn't we initially search until we had hundreds of results? Well, only a maximum of 30 sources is stored in the .dat file when you start a download. But once the download is started, an additional 120 sources can be added (150 total). That's why we continued searching after starting the download.

Finding more sources for active downloads

If you have a couple of big downloads that are downloading at snail pace, then it can help to find additional sources. Tools like Speed Up are good for that purpose. But sometimes it can also help to use the powers of ASM to give your downloads a boost.

Go to the seach panel and search for the same file as the one that you want to try to give a boost. Turn AutoSearchMore on. Search for a minute or less.
    i'm new here and just wanted to say that certainly is a nice ass

2. File Sharing   -   #102
    Originally posted by othmanni@8 October 2003 - 14:34
    WOW...guys am new in here and i would like to ask a few question ..
    first of all :where do i find ((search more )) battern i only found ((search for)) battern
    second: if i wanted to get copyrighted video how can i get it and how can i fasten the download ( i hope there is no RIAA members in here )
    please halla back at me
    Man you SOUND lke an RIAA member!! LOL!!! Watch it buddy!

3. File Sharing   -   #103
    Originally posted by othmanni@8 October 2003 - 14:34
    WOW...guys am new in here and i would like to ask a few question ..
    first of all :where do i find  ((search more )) battern i only found ((search for)) battern
    second: if i wanted to get copyrighted video how can i get it and how can i fasten the download (   i hope there is no RIAA  members in here )
    please halla back at me
    Man you SOUND like an RIAA member!! LOL!!! Watch it buddy!

4. File Sharing   -   #104
    it wont work for me

5. File Sharing   -   #105
    Originally posted by Princessgirls@3 November 2003 - 17:43
    it wont work for me
    Download TCP Optimizer at this link:
    http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
    It can make your download speed 4x or 5x faster. Another way I get faster downloads is to set the time cycle on KazaaLite accelerator to a smaller interval (240-300 sec.)

6. File Sharing   -   #106
    Poster
    I Prefer DrTCP

7. File Sharing   -   #107
    sublime42o
    I've tried all this stuff that people have been suggesting..... I'm downloading some video files and when I search they come up with LOTS of sources, but they almost NEVER have more than one download source at a time when downloading. I tried searching more after the downloads started, that didn't do anything. I tried clicking find more sources, that didn't do anything. Any suggestions?

8. File Sharing   -   #108
    jeff369
    I also tried the suggested search method and my downloads are still not getting above 5kbs. Are there any other settings that might be effecting the download speed?

9. File Sharing   -   #109
    gr8 tip had a instant effect

10. File Sharing   -   #110
    Zionic
    i tried the k-dat thing i have cable internet. yea it connects great but i can't keep up my download speed why?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast