Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When will video games look as good as real life?

I bet it would be almost perfection in less then 10 years. With that Hd DVD and blue ray disk. With all that room them two disks carry? I bet it would be possible to make the best detail. In 10 years less I predict atleast AMD Processors Going over 6Ghz Have way over 4G memory a few Terabytes of Space. And then lets see 7900 Nvidia coming out March and almost twice as fast then the 7800? Id say the card would go over 20000 Geforce by then and then the graphics will be intence! And then when the evoulution come out everyone is going to copy that motion technique and be implemented into every console. After that someone will invent LCD Glasses or what ever. So that you can get "IN" the game with those evolution sensors around you and possibly an invented treadmill that could go all ways and your all set!!! The cost would be only 10 grand! Games will cost 5 grand!
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n
    -----------------------------------

2. Games   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by erRor67
    Video games as good as real life? That would be interesting.. but i doubt it cause real life has true depth perception. And when u look far away, close things have to be out of focus (and vice versa). It would be tricky to do that with gaming. Also, gaming is on a 2D screen. If TVs become 3D, that would be teh c00l.

There are now 3D lcd screens!
    they have a lot of "bugs" , but still the visual sensation's are huge!!
    ii'v had an occasion to see one , and game was some fps.
    man!! gun was "outside" of the screen, bullets was really in the air!!

anyway, that kind of screens are only to 3d, and you cant run on it any 2d aplications (eg. word, photoshop or even desktop)

ill try to give you some real example, but i have to look for it...

3. Games   -   #23
    here is the example.

some info:
    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-978499.html

this one have a switch 2d/3d.

interesting...

http://www.sharpsystems.com/products...nch/ll-151-3d/

and other one :

http://www.ampronix.com/content/web/seereal_index.asp

and here...you can buy even laptops with 3D screen!!

http://www.sharpsystems.com/products/3d/

4. Games   -   #24
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    I think we're making lots of progress over the years, 2 perfect examples would be The original Half-Life in 1998 and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast of the year 2005.

But I think all the games are FAR from looking as real as real life.

How many years down the road will they come up with game engines and build PCs powerful enough that can simulate actual life graphics, physics, and details?
    never. I hope. closer then games like Call of duty 2(HD-TV) and the upcoming TESIV: Oblivion it will hopefully never get, well.... Maybe better details and a lot more possibilities, but not more realistic. Games are suppose to look like games and real life as real life, not the other way around.

Civilization IV is one of best new games ever, and it doesn't look like real life at all.
    REFERAL LINK REMOVED

5. Games   -   #25
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I guess maybe video games aren't meant to be completely looking then, that cartoonish look is cool on most games.

Take unreal tournement 2004 for example, it has slightly better quake 3 graphics but is so fun that thousands of people still play it, including me.

Just imagine the grand theft auto games in complete virtually reality...that would be friggin awesome...man, so many hot cars and chicks...
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

6. Games   -   #26
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    I guess maybe video games aren't meant to be completely looking then, that cartoonish look is cool on most games.

Take unreal tournement 2004 for example, it has slightly better quake 3 graphics but is so fun that thousands of people still play it, including me.

Just imagine the grand theft auto games in complete virtually reality...that would be friggin awesome...man, so many hot cars and chicks...
    I cant wait to play gta on the ps3 with updated gfx...gonna be sweet...

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123