Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Engaged on Friday 13th

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I have questions. (Assuming he asked you, and also that he planned to ask you - It wasn't just something to say to fill an awkward gap in the conversation. )

1. Was it expected?
    2. Was it romantic? If so, why? If not, why not?
    3. Do you have a ring?
    4. Are you up the duff?
    5. Why did he pop the question on friday 13th rather than wait 32 days and do it on february 14th?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Barbie....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    I have questions. (Assuming he asked you, and also that he planned to ask you - It wasn't just something to say to fill an awkward gap in the conversation. )

1. Was it expected?

Sort of, had looked at rings but I had told him not to ask in any round about way to find out first and that he would have to take the chance and ask me when he was ready, but I didn't know when he would actually ask

2. Was it romantic? If so, why? If not, why not?

In the car before going in the pub for an early drink, not romantic but then I tend to be embarrassed by such stuff so probably just as well...he did produce the ring there and then so that was nice

3. Do you have a ring?

Yep, 18ct white gold with solitaire 0.27 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond (with its own certificate and everything)

4. Are you up the duff?

Fuck off I aint doing that again.

5. Why did he pop the question on friday 13th rather than wait 32 days and do it on february 14th?

I think it was partly so that it was an amusing date to remember but mostly because he had just picked up the ring and couldn't wait. Besides, its become almost cliche to do it on Valentines day and we are not exactly the most conventional of couples
    D

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Nice

Congrats!

So you took him round looking for rings, and then gave him permission to ask you if he wanted to.

Sounds quite conventional to me...

(My surprise was ruined when we got engaged, as she answered the phone when it was the jewellers phoning to say that the ring was ready... Anyway, I still went through the motions and we still pretended it was a surprise for her, and we had a nice romantic evening of champagne and fish n' chips.)

4. Lounge   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbie
    we had a nice romantic evening of ... fish n' chips.
    Striaght from the JPaul manual of treating teh missus.

Are you a member of the McBannockburn clan, at all
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbie
    we had a nice romantic evening of ... fish n' chips.
    Striaght from the JPaul manual of treating teh missus.

Are you a member of the McBannockburn clan, at all

I temporarily had a cash-flow problem due to the 9ct gold with solitaire 0.45 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond ring (with its own certificate and everything) plus 3 years accidental damage insurance.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Nice

Congrats!

So you took him round looking for rings, and then gave him permission to ask you if he wanted to.

Sounds quite conventional to me...

Not quite, he took me round the shops, dragging me into jewellers cos I was sooooo embarrassed by it all.

My ex made things perfectly clear that marriage and romance were not part of our relationship (we were together 17 years).

My fiance (omgffslol!!!) is of a completely different mind, and is a softy romantic soul. I find that side of him nice in a disturbing kind of way which is why he didn't go for the down on one knee type of proposal cos I would have wanted the earth to open up and swallow me!

7. Lounge   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    the 9ct gold with solitaire 0.45 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond ring (with its own certificate and everything) plus 3 years accidental damage insurance.
    Miaow
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    the 9ct gold with solitaire 0.45 carat D grade (top quality colour apparently) diamond ring (with its own certificate and everything) plus 3 years accidental damage insurance.
    Miaow

9. Lounge   -   #29
    I don't like big rocks.....I prefer something more subtle...besides....18 carat white gold is so much more classy doncha think?

meh....each to their own...I like mine lots ta....bet she likes hers too....

fecking stirring manker

10. Lounge   -   #30
    manker's Avatar effendi

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast