Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uxtheme.dll error!!!

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I restarted my pc and chkdsk came up and it said

'recovering orphaned file . . . ' (. . .=all teh songs and gladiator backup)

is there any way that I can prevent this from happening again? it scared the shit outta me to see that all my songs and backup was deleted.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I had nero before with nerovision, and it let me convert avi files right into dvd files. now, when I try to convert them (23 frames/second) there's an error saying it cant do it. why? I'm sure its the same application and version, could it be that before me reformat I had some kind of codec installed?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Download and install the latest version of the K-Lite Codec Pack Full. Use either the "default" or the "lots of stuff" package options during the install. This will allow for the playback of almost every file you encounter on the web and also to allow you to encode audio/video files using the most common codecs.

So far as basic converting, I would go with WinAVI or WinMPG. I myself, prefer to use the latter.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    my gladiator movie backup and songs got deleted again!

does anybody have an answer? this message came up to run chkdsk, so I did and it said there were erors.

doesn anybody know what I can do to stop this from happenning again?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    You obviously have more going on than perhaps you or eveyone else might even be aware of. At this point, I would suggest backing up what you can then reformatting/re-installing. As you are doing this, keep track what it is you are installing and the settings you make. Try to disertain what it is giving you grief as you do this by process of elimination. I am just afriad that there is no "easy answer" at this point.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    NOOOOOOOO, I dont wanna reformat.

I'll back-up my stuff and maybe next week I'll do it .

I forgot to say that all the corrupt files (that go missing) are on my slave drive. When I reformatted I didnt reformat my slave/2nd hdd. SO did the reformat afffect the 2nd hdd?
    Last edited by maebach; 01-28-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12