Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What If... The PS3 cost $1000?

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

Damn $800 is just too damn much for a console man...

2. Games   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The way I heard it last, sony were planning to sell the first shipment at a loss, to try and get as many as possible out there, quickly. So I really do wonder about it being that expensive.

Also, the xbox 360 isn't selling well at all in japan I reckon the ps3 will catch up to the 360 easily enough over there, and once the ball gets rolling prices will drop after a bit.

And anyway, the game sites I've looked at now put it at ~$400 at most, last year.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-30-2006 at 12:37 AM.

3. Games   -   #23
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    i'd rather spend 1000 USDs on a computer upgrade...
    Me too, though my last computer upgrade cost me nearer to $1500.

directx 10 compatible video cards will come out by october... u just blew 550$ on a card :x

4. Games   -   #24
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

Me too, though my last computer upgrade cost me nearer to $1500.
    directx 10 compatible video cards will come out by october... u just blew 550$ on a card :x
    Yes, but if I didn't upgrade because of the risk of my components being outdated in 9 months time then I'd never upgrade...besides October is my birthday.

5. Games   -   #25
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    lucky you

6. Games   -   #26
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    The way I heard it last, sony were planning to sell the first shipment at a loss, to try and get as many as possible out there, quickly. So I really do wonder about it being that expensive.

Also, the xbox 360 isn't selling well at all in japan I reckon the ps3 will catch up to the 360 easily enough over there, and once the ball gets rolling prices will drop after a bit.

And anyway, the game sites I've looked at now put it at ~$400 at most, last year.
    doesnt sell in Japon because the xbox controller are too big for their hands

7. Games   -   #27
    lol if it were a 1000 buks id play it at the store lol. atleast until it comes down.

8. Games   -   #28
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY

doesnt sell in Japon because the xbox controller are too big for their hands
    japanese people have small hands?

as long as it's under $1000, it's still worth it. if you already have a nice pc, then it's not worth it. but if u have a average pc, and need something for games, it's not that bad. it'll turn down a lot of consumers, especially teenagers. which is why there is no way the price can get higher than $400-600. if games cost $50 each, a system with a few accessories and some games could cost a 15 year old his life savings, and he might have to sell his clothes to afford it. so it probably won't happen

9. Games   -   #29
    Dark Steno's Avatar lol fang tan
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    Not only Japanese, almost for all Asians. I'd say, the Xbox controller is very big.
    Yours Sincerely,

Dark Steno @ Maskawaih

| manker FTW too! Awesome and superior being ^_^! |

| Maskawaih.com |My DeviantArt|

10. Games   -   #30
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Steno
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    Not only Japanese, almost for all Asians. I'd say, the Xbox controller is very big.
    Yao Ming is an anomaly.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast