Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: boycotts of Danish goods in middle East!

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Looks like the world is your enemy, Bawa.
    I think it's safe to say there's gonna be another toerrorist strike soon

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach

Looks like the world is your enemy, Bawa.
    I think it's safe to say there's gonna be another toerrorist strike soon
    Yet they'll get pissed if the prophet Muhammed is depicted with a bomb is his turban.
    That's why I say if you're offended, fix yo shit.

They are like the bully that you can't speak out against.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It is an interesting one. As I understand it the problem is simply that those within the Muslim faith take there Religion pretty seriously. As part of their beliefs they're not allowed to depict the prophet Mohamed in anyway. The fact that this cartoonist has done has caused offence which has been heightened by the fact that the picture also attempted to ridicule the prophet.

Ultimately it is probably poor taste to have published this stuff. The reaction from the Muslim world hasn't been great though. A boycott seems reasonable I guess as a protest and an attempt to get the point across that this type of thing can and has caused offence. The calls for terrorist strikes though and the flag burnings don't help though as they just go to fuel the popular belief that the Muslim communities are violent and irrational.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    This is getting blown out of all proportion now. It's like World War III is being sparked off by these cartoons...

Last edited by Barbarossa; 02-03-2006 at 11:57 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    "chapter 42, verse 11 of the Koran does say: "[Allah is] the originator of the heavens and the earth... [there is] nothing like a likeness of Him." - bbc news site ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4674864.stm )

does anyone else read that sentence as no matter what you draw it will never look like allah not dont draw him.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    "chapter 42, verse 11 of the Koran does say: "[Allah is] the originator of the heavens and the earth... [there is] nothing like a likeness of Him." - bbc news site ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4674864.stm )

does anyone else read that sentence as no matter what you draw it will never look like allah not dont draw him.
    Muhammad ain't Allah.

Nuff said.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play

Muhammad ain't Allah.

Nuff said.
    From the article...

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    The same is believed to apply to Muhammad.

Chapter 21, verses 52-54 of the Koran read: "[Abraham] said to his father and his people: 'What are these images to whose worship you cleave?' They said: 'We found our fathers worshipping them.' He said: 'Certainly you have been, you and your fathers, in manifest error.'"

From this arises the Muslim belief that images can give rise to idolatry - that is to say an image, rather than the divine being it symbolises, can become the object of worship and veneration.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Muhammad ain't Allah.

Nuff said.
    From the article...

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    The same is believed to apply to Muhammad.

Chapter 21, verses 52-54 of the Koran read: "[Abraham] said to his father and his people: 'What are these images to whose worship you cleave?' They said: 'We found our fathers worshipping them.' He said: 'Certainly you have been, you and your fathers, in manifest error.'"

From this arises the Muslim belief that images can give rise to idolatry - that is to say an image, rather than the divine being it symbolises, can become the object of worship and veneration.
    Funny thing is they are worshipping Muhammad.....image or not.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    thing is, you wouldn't see the same reaction if it were a cartoon making a joke about Moses or Jesus..

You would probably see a gentleman in a suit on a TV broadcast critiscising the jokes/cartoons - unlike what is currently happening over the Muslim world with riots, kidnapping (a German was kidnapped in Nablus), or armed people walking the streets shooting.....

Somehow, I don't see that happening if it were a joke about another religion.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I was watching the news and they showed people paint the french and danish flag on the ground and dancing on it. They also burned their flags, put it on the ground (ontop of the painted flags) and started dancing on it. One fucker burned himself which was funny. They showed that one news paper out of 15 danish newspapers published the cartoons.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast