Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's so "free" about this

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    The Police have said it was a misunderstanding, based on the fact that "protests" are not allowed there. The Officers on duty took the T-Shirts as constituting a protest.

It is worthy of note that Mrs Sheehan was wearing a black zipper, closed, over the T-Shirt when she was being led to he seat. One suspects she didn't think she would be allowed in wearing the T-Shirt.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Here's my 2 bits...

1. Sheehan's message was disliked, she was kicked out. She resisted. She was arrested.

2. The congressman's wife was kicked out only 'cause she Sheehan was kicked out. It would have looked like a double standard.

3. Due to the outrage of the congressman's wife and congressman, there was an apology and the Sheehan charges had to be dropped.

4. If "proper attire" is to be worn, then that would mean a blank t-shirt would be improper yet....it isn't.

I'm curious. Did anyone actually watch the State Of The Union address?

I think was watching Supernatural (the Prez never takes over The WB ). The President never says the state of the union is weak. To me it's a huge snorefest.

Ah.

And the tuna?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

It is worthy of note that Mrs Sheehan was wearing a black zipper, closed, over the T-Shirt when she was being led to he seat. One suspects she didn't think she would be allowed in wearing the T-Shirt.
    It is possible that she thought as you suggest, however it is also possible that DC is cold this time of year. I tend to wait until I am at my seat before I take my coat off when I go to theatres on cold nights.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

It is possible that she thought as you suggest, however it is also possible that DC is cold this time of year. I tend to wait until I am at my seat before I take my coat off when I go to theatres on cold nights.
    Indeed, two possible interpretations. She wore it open on the way out, I suspect you put your coat on before leaving the theatre, what with it being later and probably colder.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I may put it on before i leave, but wouldnt button up until i reached the door.

deliberatly leaving it unzipped after being ejected is a different matter though

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

deliberatly leaving it unzipped after being ejected is a different matter though
    They gave her more exposure by kicking her out.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47

Part of the plan, perhaps.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Just so.

As long as they're not required to mike her, the media still give her a look.

Funny they won't do the same for a soldier's mother if she's proud of her son or daughter notwithstanding their sacrifice.

Cindy Sheehan's brand of moral authority is more camera-friendly.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Whilst I have every sympathy for her loss, there can be nothing worse than outliving your child, he joined the armed forces.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Just so.

As long as they're not required to mike her, the media still give her a look.

Funny they won't do the same for a soldier's mother if she's proud of her son or daughter notwithstanding their sacrifice.

Cindy Sheehan's brand of moral authority is more camera-friendly.
    True since she isn't alone.

One can be proud of their son fighting in our armed forces but can also be disappointed (to say the least) in what they actually fought and died for.

This is evident regardless of the fact that their son joined the armed forces willingly.

I'd be pissed to if I had a son die in Iraq versus say fighting an incursion into the US.

Tbh, I guess the congressman's wife's t-shirt was offensive.....

"Support Our Troops Defending Our Freedom"

I'd like to know what brainwashed fools actually believe that (besides the congressman's wife).

What a piece of trash of a t-shirt.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast