As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

A broken link.

Just what I thought.
    Don't confuse people who are whacked out on painkillers. That's just mean.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #44
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    1. What's a GOP Convention.

2. They can be described as the best athletes in the World, because they are the best in the World at what they do.

3. The fact that not many black people compete, is because they aren't interested in the sports and consequently not good at them. That has no effect on point 2.

4. To use the paucity of black people as a reason to decry the games is silly. It can be applied to many sports. Swimming and Horse Riding are obvious examples.

5. There won't be many Asians there either. Again that will have no effect on whether those who do compete are the best at what they do.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

2. They can be described as the best athletes in the World, because they are the best in the World at what they do.

3. The fact that not many black people compete, is because they aren't interested in the sports and consequently not good at them. That has no effect on point 2.

4. To use the paucity of black people as a reason to decry the games is silly. It can be applied to many sports. Swimming and Horse Riding are obvious examples.

5. There won't be many Asians there either. Again that will have no effect on whether those who do compete are the best at what they do.
    All this is of no moment to Mr. Gumbel.

He hates the Winter Olympics on principle.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

A strange position for the host of a TV sports show, if I've picked you chaps up right.

Perhaps he doesn't consider skiing down an almost vertical slope at a whore of a speed to be a "Real Sport", like darts.

7. Lounge   -   #47

A strange position for the host of a TV sports show, if I've picked you chaps up right.

Perhaps he doesn't consider skiing down an almost vertical slope at a whore of a speed to be a "Real Sport", like darts.
    So it seems.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #48

So it seems.
    What of Ice Hockey, does he look on that as a parlour game. It seems quite fast, skillful and physical to me. However I'm no expert.

9. Lounge   -   #49

So it seems.
    What of Ice Hockey, does he look on that as a parlour game. It seems quite fast, skillful and physical to me. However I'm no expert.
    Your surmise is correct.

BTW-have you cleared space in your in-box?

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Your surmise is correct.

BTW-have you cleared space in your in-box?
    No, however I shall, forthwithly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345