Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh Noes! My files!111

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    My external hd crashed the other day, I lost lots of stuff too. had 150 gigs of files on that drive.

Been able to recover what's really important using this (take a look here).

I searched the physical drive, ran an excessive search after both lost and deleted files and a lot of it turned up. Just make sure you use the ntfs version if you had an ntfs partition, and the FAT version if you had a fat 32 partition.
    I'm experimenting a bit, running it again, on the same hd I have it installed, but on another partition.

Not quite done yet, but it's digging up lots of stuff.

And btw, having movies and stuff on one partition and your os(s) on another(/several others) is a better setup than having it all on the same partition.

Whenever an os goes borked I can just format (or repartition if need be) and still keep my stuff on the same drive.

Multibooting is good too. My xp was borked for over a month, and I just got rid of a linux temporarily (to stick recovered files in that space), but I've been able to use my computer all along, playing games and all.

Only reason I lost anything was because I got the genious idea of deleting some stuff on one drive in order to clean it up a bit, thinking my external drive could hold the stuff for a little bit.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-16-2006 at 07:46 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    that sucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12