Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safe to copy rented DVDs?

DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    I read that rental places now use special DVD that explode in your drive when you try to copy them, and someone did it and was fined $25,000 (£30) even though he was dead from the DVD shrapnel in his neck, lyke
    It's hot in Topeka.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    I read that rental places now use special DVD that explode in your drive when you try to copy them, and someone did it and was fined $25,000 (£30) even though he was dead from the DVD shrapnel in his neck, lyke
    They used to do something similar with the old Spectrum/Commodore tapes. They would release a small sample of nerve gas when you tried to record them, just enough to make you ill or kill any nearby small animals.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    twisterX's Avatar Poster

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    So it seems there is nothing to worry about...

Now I might actually consider getting the movie pass they have... hm...

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker

It's worth it if you like full-fledged copies of movies close to their original quality.

I know the game pass was 1 out at a time. I'm sure movies are different.

They use to have a game pass with 3 out at a time but got rid of that, probably due to stealing. Not many people have modded consoles.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

It's worth it if you like full-fledged copies of movies close to their original quality.

They use to have a game pass with 3 out at a time but got rid of that, probably due to stealing. Not many people have modded consoles.
    I think it's 2 movies out at a time for about 20 bucks a month, something like that... I'll check it out tomorrow..

It sucks how most DVDs are too big to fit on a blank DVD5... but it's okay I guess... I used DVD Shrink on The Longest Yard and the quality was about 80% of the original... it still looks pretty damn good.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

I think it's 2 movies out at a time for about 20 bucks a month, something like that... I'll check it out tomorrow..

It sucks how most DVDs are too big to fit on a blank DVD5... but it's okay I guess... I used DVD Shrink on The Longest Yard and the quality was about 80% of the original... it still looks pretty damn good.
    I think you may need 1-Click also (for other movies). I'll talk to my boy and get back to ya.

You wanna have all the proper shit before you rent. No wastin' time trying figure shit out like he did. Time is money for him.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #18
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I've copied many rented dvds from rogers video.

I love dvdfab

9. Lounge   -   #19
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Remember you can re-author, rather than compress. Get rid of the stuff you don't really want and keep the movie quality as high as possible.

Tho' to be honest unless you've got a good TV it won't matter, 'til HDTV becomes ubiquitous.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    I wanted to re-author with DVD Shrink, but then I got a message saying that if I do, the DVD menu would be useless. So I just used the whole disc feature, but replaced the extras with that "Video Removed" image.

I wonder if DVDfab can remove the extras completely, or let me re-author and keep the DVD menu...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast