Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweden number one in Hockey.....

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It's possibly that the key U.S sports aren't as popular outside their borders as inside (so if you want to make it in a U.S sport then you need to move to the U.S). As / if this changes there will be a bigger representation of the rest of the world in U.S sports and were things like basketball and American football to be embraced in a similar way to say football, then you may well see Amercian's heading elsewhere.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeK612
    It's possibly that the key U.S sports aren't as popular outside their borders as inside (so if you want to make it in a U.S sport then you need to move to the U.S). As / if this changes there will be a bigger representation of the rest of the world in U.S sports and were things like basketball and American football to be embraced in a similar way to say football, then you may well see Amercian's heading elsewhere.
    The bold is obvious. Basketball, especially, was an invented in America and probably has the shortest history since it was invented close to 1900.

A player like Dirk Nowitzki had no problem before he came here.

Mainly it's that top talent would want to come here to make the most money, plain and simple. Some of the US players that don't make it here go overseas and still make millions.

One just tries to make it where there's the most money to be made.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    they are a fantastic team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12