Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Callin All Hip Hop Headz

Fasttracker A
    I hate it when people mix up hip hop with rap .
    Like Ja rule aint no hip hop artist and neither is eminem.

I guess thats how asians feel when we call them chinese,when theres many differant races in asia.And that how I feel when brown people call me goda .

2. Music   -   #12
    Poster
    Like Ja rule aint no hip hop artist and neither is eminem
    ja rule is pop, eminem is rap

I like rap, I dont like hip-hop (at least not as much as RAP)

3. Music   -   #13
    Esham.
    Cant forget him. From detroit, has like 20 CDs and inspired a buncha ppl including mad clown posse (even though they suck sham is still good).

4. Music   -   #14
    the nearest to what i consider rap music that i listen to (that doesnt make sense lol) is Mark B & Blade and DJ Format. two british acts, i dont like the sound of american hip-hop or rap apart from the beastie boys. try get some off me on soulseek if ya like

5. Music   -   #15
    rass kass deserves more props than he does currently
    and 'planet asia' are a great group!! that deserve better than what they get!

6. Music   -   #16
    Fasttracker A
    Sadat x anybody from Rawkus records Talib Mos def Common , Funk Master Flex,
    Brand nubian,Hi Tek,Dj Premier,Dj honda ...Off the mic is a classic.
    Pharoahe monch,Guru,Beatnuts .

7. Music   -   #17
    Definately agree that Ras Kass doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's a top rapper!! Rawkus Records have put out some of the best records of the last few years, they recently did some heavyweight VINYL re-presses and I was lucky enough to pick them up. All good tunes and the sound quality, or should that be Kwelity, is amazing. The bass is booming!!

Dead Prez, Edan, Anti-Pop Consortium, The Roots - all are brilliant in my opinion.

Also, I was watching a documentary I have on video when I got in from work earlier and on it AFRIKA BAMBAATAA says, and I'm paraphrasing here, that "Hip-Hop is the collective name for the scene which consists of Breaking, Graffiti, Deejaying, Clothes and RAPPING". I can't really say it any better than that. How can you be into Rap and not be into Deejaying?? That's 2 down, only 3 to go and then we've got you!!

I love RAP and I love HIP-HOP. To me they are not mutually exclusive.

Keep on Keepin' on.
    Signature removed

8. Music   -   #18
    Fasttracker A
    High and mighty ,and A+ hip hop greats

9. Music   -   #19
    Poster
    For hardcore rap with a bit of humor are the gravediggaz. They don't get too much airplay to say the least.

Also, for the underground goodies, I would like to add Blueprint to the mix.

10. Music   -   #20
    And some famous rich ones that you still don't hear much about.
    Lox
    G-Unit
    Keith Murray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast